Using Flytrex Core with Dashware - Tutorial

Don't look at the data for date and time in the data profile, it looks incorrect but it works fine.

The date and time work fine.

I tested it this morning.

Just bring the stock date/time gauge in and it works fine

Hmmm does not work for me. I tried all 3 default time/date gauges (without any changes to them) and it does not display the correct date/time.

I have modified a few other gauges to show sat lock and temp ok just can't get date and time going. :oops:

Attachments

• 2014-03-31_00-23-03.png
    2014-03-31_00-23-03.png
    133 KB · Views: 495
  • 2014-03-31_00-26-08.png
    2014-03-31_00-26-08.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 498
Are you running the latest version of dashware

I once did a re-install when I had an issue and it corrected it.

Uninstall first

Just back up any custom gauges

I will take another look later, I'm not home now, but I checked it a few times before I posted it.

Di you see the 4 date fields

Okay fixed it. Flytrex have changed the metadata layout in the CSV files since I downloaded the CSV on Friday. They had 4 fields for date time and now have changed it to 2.

Old layout
Code:
date(utc),time(utc),date(local),time(local),satellites,pressure(Pa),temperature(F)
New layout
Code:
datetime(utc),datetime(local),satellites,pressure(Pa),temperature(F)

Yeah been scratching my head the past 2 days. Had updated my own data profile on Friday and added a few things like pa, kPa, bar, psi, C, F & speed m/s and date was the only one I had issues with.

Sucks that they can't post on their Facebook page when they make changes like that. The last post was the 28th when they added the new fields. If they are going to change the metadata fields at least post an update so people know to re-download the CSV files. :evil:

dgwyn said:
Thank you Frank for all your hard work with this video and the tool set. I appreciate your willingness to share your efforts with the rest of us.

Recently got a Flytrex.
Just chiming in to say I found this video and it was very helpful.

Thanks for sharing this!

Can anyone tell me the column name in the flytrex csv file that is between time(millisecond) and datetime(utc) ? (the one with 0 only)
On my csv files, the columns listed after time(millisecond) are no populated correctly... and the last column gets no name (with temperature(F) datas).
So I am unable to use the last columns in dashware.

Edit: I opened the file in notepad and input a ramdom name for this column to be able to use the last columns (total satellites count), but I don't know what this column is supposed to display...

flytrex-csv-bug.jpg

Jimpic said:
Can anyone tell me the column name in the flytrex csv file that is between time(millisecond) and datetime(utc) ? (the one with 0 only)
On my csv files, the columns listed after time(millisecond) are no populated correctly... and the last column gets no name (with temperature(F) datas).
So I am unable to use the last columns in dashware.

Edit: I opened the file in notepad and input a ramdom name for this column to be able to use the last columns (total satellites count), but I don't know what this column is supposed to display...

flytrex-csv-bug.jpg

I do not think you are using the latest data profile for flytrex. You can download the latest from here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/163 ... shware.zip

or if you wait a few more days Dashware will be releasing v1.5.1 with a Flytrex update to their new format.

Thanks for the update. I can see you added new calculators (Pressure - kPa and PSI). Nice!
I also added a Temperature Converter from Farenheit to Celcius to your file (with a new column mapping).

In fact concerning my issue, I echanged a few mails with Amit Regev (from Flytrex) and the bug has been fixed yesterday on Flytrex site. All my csv files are OK now.

Dashware v1.5.1 has incorporated all my Flytrex updates.
If you have updated your version of of Dashware, please perform the following to manually delete my updates.
This will ensure you are using the updates that Dashware v1.5.1 provided.

1. Goto the folder C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\DashWare\DataProfiles
2. the only FLYTREX file you should have in that folder is the FLYTREX.XML
3. DELETE any other XML file that has FLYTREX in it.
4. Goto the folder C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\DashWare\Settings
5. DELETE the file CustomDataTypes.xml

Any idea if Flytrex has made any changes to data formatting with the new Core v2.0? I know it isn't officially released yet, but I've seen a few pre-release v2.0's out there.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl