Use 5th channel for switch

Reaction score
Hi, got a P2 here and downgraded from a F550 as I got tired of transporting it and needed something a bit more handy. On my old P1 I added the 7th channel and a know to tilt gimbal and did a bunch of other modifications.

Now, I had a futaba 8GFsuper with the F550 witch I sold too - and I´m kind´a regretting that now as I need at least 1 more channel on my remote for switching between gopro and a FPV cam on the Phantom and maybe adding some light (the light I could probably switch on/off before takeoff though.

I never use Homelock, course lock or etc. and wondered if not I could use that button for something else if I turned that stuff off in the assistant and plugged the switch into X2 on the naza? should work huh?

I like the Phantom remote mainly because of the gimbal lever position, it´s way better than on the futaba where I had to leave steering to control the knob.

Is there another way to gain a few channels (it seems like there is still a un-used channel on the remote really... AIN6 or something...?)

Guess I could also buy another TX/RX and add to the phantom, but I don't need all that stuff and would prefer maybe a small box with e.g. 4 channels that I could mount somewhere on my remote or ground station. Any ideas?

/reno

drreno said:
Hi, got a P2 here and downgraded from a F550 as I got tired of transporting it and needed something a bit more handy. On my old P1 I added the 7th channel and a know to tilt gimbal and did a bunch of other modifications.

Now, I had a futaba 8GFsuper with the F550 witch I sold too - and I´m kind´a regretting that now as I need at least 1 more channel on my remote for switching between gopro and a FPV cam on the Phantom and maybe adding some light (the light I could probably switch on/off before takeoff though.

I never use Homelock, course lock or etc. and wondered if not I could use that button for something else if I turned that stuff off in the assistant and plugged the switch into X2 on the naza? should work huh?

I like the Phantom remote mainly because of the gimbal lever position, it´s way better than on the futaba where I had to leave steering to control the knob.

Is there another way to gain a few channels (it seems like there is still a un-used channel on the remote really... AIN6 or something...?)

Guess I could also buy another TX/RX and add to the phantom, but I don't need all that stuff and would prefer maybe a small box with e.g. 4 channels that I could mount somewhere on my remote or ground station. Any ideas?

/reno

Me too I was thinking on using the channel which is supposed to commands the tilt of the go pro gimbal which I don't have , in order to switch on and off some light on the P2, but I don't know where to start from, I mean is it actually a channel available that one the back of the remote? How can I transform a continuous signal to one discreet like on and off? Nobody try it?

So far I have not found a way to do this. I installed a lever switch on my P2V transmitter, and plugged a servo into every conceivable output inside of the P2V. I am thinking it may require a firmware update on the trans and the receiver to activate the 7th channel. I have installed exterior lighting and would like to be able to turn off and on.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart