USD$1,499 May Be Misleading (if you want new RC)

Does anyone know if the screen is removable, thus allowing for iPad, Samsung, etc.?

i don't think so
Not a deal breaker for me...I pre-ordered the P4P and also pre-ordered a pair of Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses. In theory they will used the HDMI port on the builtin display.

Does anyone know if the screen is removable, thus allowing for iPad, Samsung, etc.?
Screen is not removable, but we have it on good authority that it can be bypassed by plugging in another tablet into the USB port on the bottom of the transmitter, next to the HDMI port, and mounting the tablet over the built-in tablet with gaffers tape.

Not a deal breaker for me...I pre-ordered the P4P and also pre-ordered a pair of Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses. In theory they will used the HDMI port on the builtin display.
Just to be clear, the HDMI port is on the bottom of the P4P+ transmitter, and not on the screen, but works just the same. Screen itself is too thin for an HDMI port.

Last edited:
Just to be clear...if you ordered the "P4P" there is no HDMI port...it's the "P4P+" (plus) that has the screen and HDMI port

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Just to be clear...if you ordered the "P4P" there is no HDMI port...it's the "P4P+" (plus) that has the screen and HDMI port
Which would lead me to believe that the port is on the screen not the PC. I think that the DJI site even states that. All I need now is for Epson to get on the ball with my glasses.

This should resolve the confusion over the ports on the P4P+ integrated display:

P4P+ CONTROLLER1.jpg

P4P+ CONTROLLER2.jpg

The HDMI port can also be added to the P4P transmitter by replacing the bottom module with the $100 HDMI module, which is also available for the P3P and P4. Same module. If you own one already, you can transfer it over to the P4P.

The HDMI port can also be added to the P4P transmitter by replacing the bottom module with the $100 HDMI module, which is also available for the P3P and P4. Same module. If you own one already, you can transfer it over to the P4P.
I like that the HDMI enabled module is forward compatible, sweet! I bought one of these modules about 18 months ago ($115) when they originally released. I'll take this old module off my P3P (GL300A) RC and move it to the new P4P controller. I just found my original com module w/o HDMI, so I'm good.

It looks like the HDMI port on the P4P+ controller is a full size hdmi port instead of mini hdmi?

Screen is not removable, but we have it on good authority that it can be bypassed by plugging in another tablet into the USB port on the bottom of the transmitter, next to the HDMI port, and mounting the tablet over the built-in tablet with gaffers tape.
Gaffer tape sounds attractive
I mean why a non detachable screen in the first place and if you buy it without the screen how is there no GPS?
Isn't GPS in the bird?
Isn't there a P mode?

Gaffer tape sounds attractive
I mean why a non detachable screen in the first place and if you buy it without the screen how is there no GPS?
Isn't GPS in the bird?
Isn't there a P mode?
Two different GPS systems. One is in the aircraft which is used to set the initial launch Home Point, and navigate, and send back location telemetry. The second GPS system is required to reset the Home Point to the controller location, and use Follow Me. Only the Inspire remote has built in GPS. All others require GPS from the tablet, either built into the tablet, or through BT connectivity to the tablet from an external GPS device. The gaffers tape option may not be pretty, but would be very secure and functional. You can certainly also come up with something more aesthetically pleasing.

Two different GPS systems. One is in the aircraft which is used to set the initial launch Home Point, and navigate, and send back location telemetry. The second GPS system is required to reset the Home Point to the controller location, and use Follow Me. Only the Inspire remote has built in GPS. All others require GPS from the tablet, either built into the tablet, or through BT connectivity to the tablet from an external GPS device. The gaffers tape option may not be pretty, but would be very secure and functional. You can certainly also come up with something more aesthetically pleasing.

So without the built in screen it would work the same as my P3Ps?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94