USB OTG CABLE

Reaction score
I bought my Phantom 4 used and I did not get the USB Otg cable with it. I am using a Apple iPad Pro 9.7 with my receiver. I am using a lightning to USB Cable with my iPad. what combination of USB OTG Cable and cable to connect between OTG and Receiver do I need to buy for upgrading firmware?
Thanking you in advance for any assistance you can give me
Don S

First of all, let me welcome you to the Phantom Pilots Group. I see you jusrt joined today and are starting off with your feet on the ground. Thanks for your response but my understanding of these things is limited and I don't understand how an SD to mini cable would be the answer. Could you clarify for me pleasew.
Thanks Prk0306

I am using a lightning to USB Cable with my iPad. what combination of USB OTG Cable and cable to connect between OTG and Receiver do I need to buy for upgrading firmware?
You do not need an OTG cable for updating firmware. Firmware is updated over your WiFi connection or data connection when your device is connected to RC / P4. Just make sure your device is connected and WiFi turned on.
You only need to have your lightening cable connected to RC

Last edited:
Reactions: donaldstone
Hey uavflyr,
So if I understand you correctly, If I connect my iPad to either my RC or my P4 via my lightning cable I can upgrade firmware for either. If that understanding is correct then I fully understand it and I thank you for your help.
DonS

Hey uavflyr,
So if I understand you correctly, If I connect my iPad to either my RC or my P4 via my lightning cable I can upgrade firmware for either. If that understanding is correct then I fully understand it and I thank you for your help.
DonS
In other words, just start everything up, connected, as if you're ready to fly. Make sure you either have a WiFi connection or data connection. You can do this inside. If an update is available you will see notification on go4 app. This applies to any and all new batteries you may have or purchase. If you don't see any notification you're already on lastest firmware. I'm assuming since you just purchased a used P4 you are most likely already on latest firmware. Hope this helps.
Your P4 does Not have to be Directly connected via cable in order to update.

Reactions: donaldstone
So the Phantom 4 is able to get a wifi connection? and communicate with the ipad or remote control?

I have updated the firmware on my remote control with the ipad attached with a lightning cable; but cant seem to update the firmware on the Phantom 4. I have also connected a mini-usb cable from the phantom 4 to my computer, but still having no luck.

You need OTG cable adapter for your usb cord then you can plug into your device and p4 usb slot to update aircraft,your device needs Internet to download new firmware , then you plug into drone and update,,I has always done firmware this way,no computer,,
20180626_084417.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: chipdavis1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan