Upgrading from my ps 3 finally

Reaction score
After 2 years it’s time for an upgrade.
I’m sick of the mushy quality of the phantom 3 standard photo and video. Also, yesterday I had my first crash... straight into a 10m high gum tree. Above a river.... it got stuck in there but luckily a full throttle on the stick and I managed to get it out without any harm, somehow....

I was all set to spend my hard earned on the p4 pro but then I saw the advanced.

Is the extra money worth it for the pro? From what I can work out the pro just adds a few extra sensors (which may have helped me navigate the gun trees). Aside from that is the camera and transmitter the same? I’d also like to venture a little further without the drone returning home.. I have farms so can fly up to 7km on my own private land. The farm is dead flat.

Also, is the live view beamed back to my phone better quality than what it is on the P3s? I find it next to impossible to watch the screen as it’s very pixelated

Thanks in advance for any help

The P4A&P have the same camera and lightbridge implementation, the difference is, as you have observed from the specs, limited to the OA.

The FPV is significantly better in the P4A/P than the P3S. You will be amazed.

Just upgraded to P4 Pro from a recent loss of of the P3 . Happy with it , still trying to get used to all the great features , Only negative so far would be that I had to upgrade my 6 year old Mac to edit 4k video and going to buy a lacie 12T drive . Dedicated to storage and editing . So far I love it

Would the sensors avoid this type of crash?
I have come close to hitting trees before I "finally" got better video so I could actually see those small branches before hitting them. I always fly so I can see the P4, but those little branches sneak up on me.
Good up grade. Would like to have better camera the Pro has...but not complaining. The P4 is smarter than me!

The P4A&P have the same camera and lightbridge implementation, the difference is, as you have observed from the specs, limited to the OA.

The FPV is significantly better in the P4A/P than the P3S. You will be amazed.
I believe the other difference is the ability to change wifi frequencies from 2.4 to 5.8 or vice-versa with the P4P.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart