Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Upgrade P2V+ | Future proof??

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by lightingbryan, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Is the P2V+ the same body and specs as the Phantom 2? The reason I ask is if I decided to strap on a H33D later (for the future Gopro 4) Will you be able to do it. Or is the p2V+ wired differently and thus this is not an option and the ship would have to be sold and a new Phantom get purchased. I am just worried that the new GoPro is going to be to awesome to pass up. Yes I could wait, but learning to fly is more important and worth the money in the meantime. :?:

2. ANSWERED! P2V+ Can't change Gimbal

I emailed Dji about this. I saw another thread that was closely related after I posted. It was a guy that broke his Gimbal off and wanted to see if he could install a h33d on a p2v+. I think anything is possible with these birds but I was shocked to learn that it might take redoing to many things to get it running. Here is what DJI said: Dear Bryan,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technology.

Unfortunately the Phantom 2 Vision Plus was designed to be an all in one unit and would not function with a different gimbal and camera.

We hope you have found this information helpful.

Thank you for flying with DJI Technology.

Jason R.
    DJI Technology Customer Service

3. EMCSQUAR

The basic bird is the same - that was just one of DJI's patented responses. The only thing that would differ from say just a P2 is TX freq - Vision & + use 5.8 whereas P2 is 2.4. So you'ld have to workaround the 2.4 for FPV.