!! UPDATE !! Is anyone else having multiple problems with the latest DJI GO 4 update ??

One reason why some people may be having problems and others don't might be the length of time and the number of Phantom 4s that have been produced. Since its release in earl 2016 until now, there are probably several revisions of the internal parts for the Phantom 4. It is hard for a manufacturer to keep a constant supply of raw materials, plus the fact they are regularly evolving internal workings of the device.

This is just speculation, but I have read where people send in their Phantoms for repair and a brand new model is returned.

I would be curious to see a hardware comparison of the first Phantoms and the latest models to see the changes.

Likewise, I wonder if there is a particular group of Phantoms having the problems, i.e., early, mid, or the latest revisions having a problem with a particular firmware.

Reactions: DazzauksDad
One reason why some people may be having problems and others don't might be the length of time and the number of Phantom 4s that have been produced. Since its release in earl 2016 until now, there are probably several revisions of the internal parts for the Phantom 4. It is hard for a manufacturer to keep a constant supply of raw materials, plus the fact they are regularly evolving internal workings of the device.

This is just speculation, but I have read where people send in their Phantoms for repair and a brand new model is returned.

I would be curious to see a hardware comparison of the first Phantoms and the latest models to see the changes.

Likewise, I wonder if there is a particular group of Phantoms having the problems, i.e., early, mid, or the latest revisions having a problem with a particular firmware.

Mine was flawless until I did the firmware and Go update earlier this month.
Now, I can barely fly out to 6000'.

Hey guys,
Im having a few issues since the last DJI GO 4 update,
#1...Interference, flashing green screen, screen cycling.
#2...Wind warning, never saw this before
#3...High CPU usage, never saw this before
#4...IMU error, never saw this before
#5...Sync flight records fail, cannot sync flight records, never saw this before
I deleted the app and reinstalled, no help.
I check in settings ipad storage 6.2 GB used of 16 GB, CPU usage should be fine ??
Any ideas ??
i am having major issue too. issue after new DJI Go 4 update wont be able to fly today

Yip i in this club now ,try do right thing and update couple days ago,for my trouble i got aircraft locked,have got working again but how well is a guess,which got me thinking if i still want a new one,NO more updates for me,,(p4)

how did you get it to work? I called support and got no good ideas I hadnt tried. thinking about buying Litchi so I can fly today.

When changing from P to S mode. I will get a pop up in the middle of the screen warning me if the hazards of S mode. I have to hit OK or it won’t clear. Doesn’t sound too safe to have this pop up causing me to miss most of the screen while flying at 40 mph.

Seems to me you can lump people into groups here: update/never update; Go/Litchi etc.

Personally I updated and used Go until I lost some of the precision, then I switched camps, invested in Litchi (I almost never pay for apps but people kept on about it) and became a Litchi/never update guy.

I've never looked back. The only problem with Litchi is that it can do so much it takes a ton of learning (and some investment in Udemy courses) plus there's more scope to forget a setting and regret it later.

I fully expect you (and me) to join the "Litchi crashed my quad" crowd and have it shown that it was our own faults for some setting we forgot to attend to (such as rth behaviour on signal loss or end of mission).

Constant vigilance, constant fear but great results; a worthy trade.

Oh yes - make sure you have force-closed the DJI Go app before you use Litchi, or horrible things may happen.
Bugger. Prescient words! I crashed my quad and am in contact with Litchi to see why. It can't be my fault.. can it?

how did you get it to work? I called support and got no good ideas I hadnt tried. thinking about buying Litchi so I can fly today.
Hi was just reading,when i open go4 app it comes up with normal screen showing aircraft status etc,at the top where it said firmware updates required i clicked the arrow and this page came
1509780695526-765397486.jpg
i then click on download and got this screen
1509780526781-1634284690.jpg
remote download good done its beeping thing,,recharged remote batt and went looking for ac firmware,but couldent do because all done by tablet and does not have large usb port on p4 remote to go to drone,,i do need to still check on computer for correct firmware because drone has different than the new but is running with the new playstore app and tells me i have latest firmware,go fly,,,either something wrong or the 2 diff versions get along with each other not sure but green and flys,,hope this help give a idea and not confuse you,

I keep getting
a false wireless error that says I have strong interference and to fly with caution.
and RC controls keep messing up. I took it to a place where there was no chance of this
and still had the same issue. I am going to try fiddling around with the versions now that I can.
Try recalibrating the controller, that solved the problem for me.

I suspect in the early days of DJI they had competent software developers but incompetent leaders. The go app has ballooned in features and complexity likely supported by a pool of inexperienced software developers. Now we have incompetent leaders and developers. A competent leadership and tech team would have never released this, and if they did, it would be fixed in days not weeks.

I found 10.3.3 and the new go 4 app to work just fine on the iPhone 7 plus. With the iPad mini 2, iOS 11.1 and the new go 4 app, numerous crashes, particularly at 2.4Ghz. So my work around is litchi and iOS 11.1 on the iPad mini 2 for now. I tested that on the ground and never got it to crash.

Flying iOS 11.1 and the new go 4 app is dangerous and could result in a crash.

I agree 100%. DJI just doesn’t care PERIOD! They make a great drone if they would leave it alone! My problem is aggravated by the fact I knew all this about them and still bought a Phantom 4 anyway just hoping I didn’t get their many problems. Then mine flipped inverted at 200 feet and powered into the ground! I fought for all of February with their dreaded customer dis-service and they never once told me the truth! It was as if they had a computer generated script with flow charts that directed their answers! When I asked for a person by name that person did not sound like they did before and I usually got transferred to someone else who had no idea why I was calling or what had been told to me previously and half of the time they simply disconnected the call!!! I had paid the repair bill almost immediately hoping to get my drone back sooner and they even furnished me with a “fake” web page where I could follow my drone through the several stages of checkout, repair, flight testing and shipment back! But st this last step I noticed the serial number had changed somehow. The next time I got through to someone they told me that my original drone was not repairable and they sent me a new one!!! I questioned the mentioned repair steps I had observed and no one knew anything about it. So I just waited and my Phantom arrived in new condition but for some reason they had removed all four retainer springs/clips that lock the props on! I immediately called and had to send a video showing these missing pieces before they agreed to send them to me. However it took several more calls, emails and forum posts to their moderators before they mailed them to me FIVE WEEKS LATER!!!

So everyone should seriously send anything to them! Period!!!
Jim
WA5TEF.

And they still refused to tell me why and how the flip over happened.
It is called POOR software quality control ... in other words, little to no serious regression testing before releasing any new version that breaks features that used to work well. With software that CONTROLS an aircraft, the level of thorough regression testing needed is significant compared to other types of software. I refuse to do any firmware updates beyond the last stable released version '509' in my P4P+ AC and RC devices, until I have seen evidence from public acceptance and dependability reports for at least a month after a future release.

I suspect in the early days of DJI they had competent software developers but incompetent leaders. The go app has ballooned in features and complexity likely supported by a pool of inexperienced software developers. Now we have incompetent leaders and developers. A competent leadership and tech team would have never released this, and if they did, it would be fixed in days not weeks.
I totally agree with this statement - "A competent leadership and tech team would have never released this, and if they did, it would be fixed in days not weeks" ... a normal software company would not survive long if they didn't practice adequate regression testing and feature validation BEFORE releasing any updates.

Reactions: Texas Gonzo
I found 10.3.3 and the new go 4 app to work just fine on the iPhone 7 plus. With the iPad mini 2, iOS 11.1 and the new go 4 app, numerous crashes, particularly at 2.4Ghz. So my work around is litchi and iOS 11.1 on the iPad mini 2 for now. I tested that on the ground and never got it to crash.

Flying iOS 11.1 and the new go 4 app is dangerous and could result in a crash.
The same old story ... insufficient regression testing of their firmware updates with the new OS releases, BEFORE making it available for use by their customers.

Take a look at this video:
Only issue with this is that the 'back-door' into the previous s/w loaded is NOT available anywhere on the +controller screen ... at least I have never found it ... any ideas?

I dont mind being a beta tester, but some of these force fed updates wouldn't qualify as alphas! If I'm gonna be an alpha tester for a multi-million dollar corporation after spending what I have on these things, Gonzo gots to get paid!!!

I dont mind being a beta tester, but some of these force fed updates wouldn't qualify as alphas! If I'm gonna be an alpha tester for a multi-million dollar corporation after spending what I have on these things, Gonzo gots to get paid!!!
Bad thing is we have paid with our crashed drones and DJI doesn't want to compensate us.

Completely HATING DJI this week. IOS and android. Both are bombing out incompetently and unflyable. Litchi works though.

Hmm? This is a bit of a bummer, I’ve had similar problems, flashing imu warning cycling effect green screen and a threat the RTU may not be operational if I drift into restricted airspace again, ( I hadn’t?) I’m not updating again straight away, give it a month or so. We’re experimental suckers for DJI.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka