!! UPDATE !! Is anyone else having multiple problems with the latest DJI GO 4 update ??

Take a look at this video:

tribar , You da man !!!
I have been looking all over to find out how to do this.
Don't know if it will fix my problem yet but I will give it a shot. I keep getting
a false wireless error that says I have strong interference and to fly with caution.
and RC controls keep messing up. I took it to a place where there was no chance of this
and still had the same issue. I am going to try fiddling around with the versions now that I can.

Thanks

Since I updated to 4.1.11, I have had many of the same issues.

-Image stream flashes green or cuts out often, even at extremely close distances.
-My range has decreased noticeably. There are areas I used to fly from, achieving distances of at least a mile before I started having signal issues. Now I'm lucky to see a half mile at best at those same places.
-Taking pictures is BRUTAL. IF it takes the picture, often times the little circle will just spin. Sometimes, after I'd angrily press the shutter button 50 times - it'll actually snap 50 pictures really fast - wen it gets around to it (I'm exaggerating the number here of course, usually I'll push it 10 times or so).

I'm using a P4P with an iPad Mini 4. Hopefully DJI gets their heads out of their rear end and removes the bloat from the Go app. If they stop supporting the Mini 4, I'm changing to Litchi for sure. It's the perfect form factor for the P4 remote.

-S

...when I saw the latest update notes, it seemed like the main thing was...MORE VIDEO EDITING CAPABILITIES! - umm, video editing is like one of the heaviest resource hogs of the app world - just a thought; maybe put out a SEPARATE APP for post production instead of bloating the hell out of a CRITICAL FLYING APP?!?! - just a little common sense here DJI? - no?

Reactions: PunaPhantom
Millions of DJI birds flying... handful of complaints... not a bad record. (Even if thousands... still statistically insignificant... not if it is happening to you - I grant you that) Personally I have updated all my birds whenever they offer an update without hardly ever an issue [one exception was the new geofence around airports... have permission to fly in my airports' controlled airspace but DJI Go4 wouldn't allow me... took days to have them unlock my controller]... and when I started to fly some 2 years ago crashed my first bird... my fault entirely - sent it to DJI... accepted responsibility for crash... they repaired, new Shell, GPS, Gimbal - cost to me was $125 - Personally I have no complaints with them... sorry for your woes...

...when I saw the latest update notes, it seemed like the main thing was...MORE VIDEO EDITING CAPABILITIES! - umm, video editing is like one of the heaviest resource hogs of the app world - just a thought; maybe put out a SEPARATE APP for post production instead of bloating the hell out of a CRITICAL FLYING APP?!?! - just a little common sense here DJI? - no?
That is a great idea Zander... DJI please take note of this...

Share share dood! I guarantee there are literally thousands of people that would gladly pay you for that!!! I'm one of em. $10 immediately for a clean download buddy! (I'm very serious). If you've managed to make GO stable, you're doing more than the entire chinkese dev team! Props!
I'm assuming that was a typo.

I just purchased and downloaded Litchi,
Ill update this thread once I get a few flights in.
Seems to me you can lump people into groups here: update/never update; Go/Litchi etc.

Personally I updated and used Go until I lost some of the precision, then I switched camps, invested in Litchi (I almost never pay for apps but people kept on about it) and became a Litchi/never update guy.

I've never looked back. The only problem with Litchi is that it can do so much it takes a ton of learning (and some investment in Udemy courses) plus there's more scope to forget a setting and regret it later.

I fully expect you (and me) to join the "Litchi crashed my quad" crowd and have it shown that it was our own faults for some setting we forgot to attend to (such as rth behaviour on signal loss or end of mission).

Constant vigilance, constant fear but great results; a worthy trade.

Oh yes - make sure you have force-closed the DJI Go app before you use Litchi, or horrible things may happen.

I bought my P4 and everything in it. I re wrote the firmware parameters to my liking, blocked the dji servers from the app, now I have a drone that I own. I can fly as high and wherever i want and as fast as i want without Dji telling me i cant. Just because i can!
It will bite him in the a$$ someday...that one he paid for. LOL. Don’t cry on here when you’re hit with an FAA fine for $15,000 + or you make the news. Careful what you “brag” about on here. You make the rest of us who try to follow the rules look sane. I don’t necessarily have a problem with what you’re doing, but bragging about that is moronic. It may on the surface be self-serving to you but it reflects on everyone in here. Be careful up there. If you must break rules - don’t ruin it for everyone for making post replies like that.

Hey guys,
Im having a few issues since the last DJI GO 4 update,
#1...Interference, flashing green screen, screen cycling.
#2...Wind warning, never saw this before
#3...High CPU usage, never saw this before
#4...IMU error, never saw this before
#5...Sync flight records fail, cannot sync flight records, never saw this before
I deleted the app and reinstalled, no help.
I check in settings ipad storage 6.2 GB used of 16 GB, CPU usage should be fine ??
Any ideas ??
I updated the "DJI GO" on my "PHANTOM 4" last Fryday and, sincerelly, IT'S GOING BETTER THEN NEVER, NO PROBLEMS AT ALL.

I bought my P4 and everything in it. I re wrote the firmware parameters to my liking, blocked the dji servers from the app, now I have a drone that I own. I can fly as high and wherever i want and as fast as i want without Dji telling me i cant. Just because i can!

Care to share how?

Hey guys,
#5...Sync flight records fail, cannot sync flight records, never saw this before
I check in settings ipad storage 6.2 GB used of 16 GB, CPU usage should be fine ??
Any ideas ??

JOIN THE CLUB

I just bought my P4PO and downloaded the DJI GO4 app. Obviously when you do that the first time you get the latest version. I have seen the some of the same things you described above. Especially the video feeds. I did get the wind warning but I just cancelled it. No problems.

In your camera settings, sounds like you have it set to HDR. That takes a while to process between pictures. HDR takes multiple pictures and then combines them for better quality. Change it to the first setting which is single shot. That should be fairly quick.

Also reformat your memory card with the drone. I had same problem but after reformatting the slow writing went away. Now I reformat before every flight if I can.

Hey guys,
Any ideas ??
Last few updates have been worse and worse. And now no range and lost connection for about 5 seconds. when i take a pic from the picture mode. When it snaps the screen frezes goes green then black. Then aftwr anout 5 seconds the gimble is cranked so far rightbor left the legs shiw in the screen, making it unsuable for further pictures or video and hard to fly home as it looks sideways. Yes thankfully ibam within VLOS
Yes. Mine has started going schizo when I simply take a picture of roofs. I am no more than 50 feet away, 30 foot high and it will take it 15 to 30 seconds to write the photo after shutter. Weird. Then today the app just closed all together. Reconnected and finished the mission, but I have like 9 more to do this week and don't like the weirdness.
Yup my P4P is same. DJI is going to lose its market if anyone can make a decent drone.

Take a look at this video:

Tribar, How are you shooting this sunset , are you using a filter, what are your exposure or shutter speed settings ? Anything you can think of that is pertinent. I have a difficult time with the sun.

Thanks

Hey guys,
I just flew my P4 from my driveway North, it disconnected at 5800' and returned to home.
Yesterday I was able to go out to 10000'
Exactly 6 minutes later I flew my new Mavic on the exact same flight path, my Mavic went out to 15000' like it was a walk in the park.
My P4 has become almost useless.

Also reformat your memory card with the drone. I had same problem but after reformatting the slow writing went away. Now I reformat before every flight if I can.

I did that and it still persists. Double checked cam settings. 4:3 JPG, 16gb card. Went and picked up a new card to try tomorrow. :/

Same problem with this exception I had updated the Go app previously on the Ipad mini2 and everything was great. Also updated go on my Iphone 6plus with Go4 once again everything great. Went to location and shot stills and video everything was great except some shoots that needed to be taken the next day. Going out to a job so I check everything and Ipad comes up ios update needed. Like an *** I do it. get to location 24 hrs since first shoot and no the ipad is not syncing green screen all sorts of bad info showing up on the screen. Was about as pissed as anyone could be but decided to grab the iphone with ios version 10.3.3. unplugged ipad (yeah tried unplug and replug 6 times) and popped phone on controller plugged it in and instant solid connection. I think its IoS problems from apple. will not update my phone until I hear that everyone has a working version on ipad2 with Ios 11

The old saying that the pioneers are the people with arrows in their backs definitely applies to installing software updates. Quite common for an update to fix old problems and create new ones. Safest to wait 30 days after an update and see whether there are significant fixes and or significant new problems before committing to the update.

With mainframe computers an update was installed at most twice a year and the same is done with desktop computers by savvy IT people. One never installed a new version of Windows until Service Pack 1 had been out for 30 days and there was good knowledge of any pertinent issues.

If it ain't broke don't fix it has been my practice with computer technology. DJI has a very different agenda than its hobbyist customers and this should not be difficult to understand. One can accept it and learn to minimize the impact of its business practices or go with another company. After 36 years of working with Microsoft products I have learned to work with bad code and unethical company practices. Those running DJI are saints by comparison.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka