Update Go or not?

Reaction score
I am not a "frequent flier" but I do love my P3A all the same. I read so many horror stories on here following updates to the stock 'Go' app that I have never updated (nor the a/c firmware) it since I first go the bird over one year ago in Dec. 2015.
I flew it today, first time for a while without any issues- but of course with no maps as I have disabled all internet access to the tablet since the recent home point mess.
Current state is:

Go App 2.60
RC 1.5.70
a/c 1.6.40

I do like to keep things up to date, but I also believe in letting sleeping dogs lie,i.e. "if it ain't broke" etc. etc., so I now find myself with a dilemma- to let it update or not?

So does the latest incarnation of Go seem to be OK? I'm not worried about no-fly-zones, nearest airport is 30km's away.

FWIW, this was tonight's excuse for 'going up' :)

282ss.jpg

Presume you're running Android then? I'm certain I'm in the majority as I've always updated every new FW and major release of GO and never had an issue.
Lovely photo too, well done....

Reactions: TrevorTron
The map issue was bird side, or a miscommunication with the Android app. Don't think it has anything to do with internet connection on the tablet.

But regardless, that was fixed in the latest Android app update.

You should update.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Presume you're running Android then? I'm certain I'm in the majority as I've always updated every new FW and major release of GO and never had an issue.
Lovely photo too, well done....

Thank you for the compliment :)
Yes, Android on a dedicated Tab S2 as my iPad mini display was too dim to see in anything brighter than 'very overcast'.
It is hard to get the good vs. bad reports into proportion. The number of success stories probably outnumber the failures by many thousands to one but of course it is only the latter who make the noise.
I have other Android devices so I might just try the latest version of 'Go' on one of those before committing the Tab.

Thank you for the compliment :)
Yes, Android on a dedicated Tab S2 as my iPad mini display was too dim to see in anything brighter than 'very overcast'.
It is hard to get the good vs. bad reports into proportion. The number of success stories probably outnumber the failures by many thousands to one but of course it is only the latter who make the noise.
I have other Android devices so I might just try the latest version of 'Go' on one of those before committing the Tab.
Yes, it it difficult, but no one moans who doesn't have an issue, and there must be 500k to 1m P3's sold globally.
The latest Android go app is stable and safe... well, at any rate I haven't seen any moaning about its performance!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl