Unwanted pixels on pics & video

IKW

Reaction score

1. Can any of you give me an explanation why my recorded pictures and video now look like the attached image.
    This has only happened since the latest firmware 02.00.0106, infact it was ok at first, it manifested after following DJI instructions to correct flight wobble by refreshing the firmware without the SD card being inserted into the Phantom 4 standard.
    This is cracking me up now, any ideas ?
    I have tried three separate SD cards, all of which used to be fine and they are all the same result.
    dji_0705-jpg.85908

#406IKW, Yesterday at 10:30 PM

Time to junk DJI and try Litchi! You'll never go back to DJI!
Jim
WA5TEF
I agree Jim, but I suspect this is either a firmware issue or worse still camera sensor failure, both of which Litchi won't fix
Thanks for your comment

This happened to me on a P4, sent to DJI and was fixed. Video also will have this, at least mine did. I agree with IKW, camera. Mine took just under a 4 week turnaround from day I sent to day I got it back.

This happened to me on a P4, sent to DJI and was fixed. Video also will have this, at least mine did. I agree with IKW, camera. Mine took just under a 4 week turnaround from day I sent to day I got it back.
Thanks SantoPilot
Yes my videos also suffer the same effects, it's just that all this has only happened after that dreadful firmware update the DJI pushed out three weeks ago, I live in hope that they will release a fixed update soon and I will be able to prove it one way or the other.
Then if it is camera sensor failure I can send it in for service with some confidence
Thanks
IKW

Thanks SantoPilot
Yes my videos also suffer the same effects, it's just that all this has only happened after that dreadful firmware update the DJI pushed out three weeks ago, I live in hope that they will release a fixed update soon and I will be able to prove it one way or the other.
Then if it is camera sensor failure I can send it in for service with some confidence
Thanks
IKW
Mine did this about a week before the firmware update came out. I wonder if mine was heat related as I flew in 100+ temps with it.

Mine did this about a week before the firmware update came out. I wonder if mine was heat related as I flew in 100+ temps with it.
Have you returned it for repair, how long was it away at dji, did you get your own drone back or a reconditioned aircraft ?

Have you returned it for repair, how long was it away at dji, did you get your own drone back or a reconditioned aircraft ?
Yep it is repaired and back. I shipped on June 24, got the P4 back in hand July 17. I got back a different aircraft with a different serial number, which I am fine with. The aircraft I got back has a better horizontal hold than the previous. Flies great thus far, no issues. DJI will also give you an extra set of props. I live in TX between Abilene and Ft. Worth (country, middle of nothingness), usually shipping adds a couple extra days from out here as well.

Yep it is repaired and back. I shipped on June 24, got the P4 back in hand July 17. I got back a different aircraft with a different serial number, which I am fine with. The aircraft I got back has a better horizontal hold than the previous. Flies great thus far, no issues. DJI will also give you an extra set of props. I live in TX between Abilene and Ft. Worth (country, middle of nothingness), usually shipping adds a couple extra days from out here as well.

Thanks for your reply SantoPilot
Glad to hear your camera issues are now resolved, as a matter of interest, did the drone come with the latest firmware installed (02.00.0106) or are you still on the trouble free old version (01.02.0602)
Also, how does it fly with the new firmware (02.00.0106) if installed?
I'm not happy about receiving a reconditioned drone back, as you don't know what inherent problems the previous owner/owners have had with it.
What's the condition of your replacement like, is it showing signs of use or as new
Thanks for your help

IKW

Thanks for your reply SantoPilot
Glad to hear your camera issues are now resolved, as a matter of interest, did the drone come with the latest firmware installed (02.00.0106) or are you still on the trouble free old version (01.02.0602)
Also, how does it fly with the new firmware (02.00.0106) if installed?
I'm not happy about receiving a reconditioned drone back, as you don't know what inherent problems the previous owner/owners have had with it.
What's the condition of your replacement like, is it showing signs of use or as new
Thanks for your help

IKW
I had to update firmware. Thus far no problems with either my P4 or P4P on the new firmware. I've done a few commercal jobs with them since, so far so good. As for the drone I got in return, had all the stickers on it, even the camera lens, etc. had the stickers like it was new. Nice and shiny, looks good to me. I know it is common practice to get refurbs back on returns for other things like computers, etc. When I sent my P4 in, DJI sent me a list of items to be repaired, they found a motor that needed replacing. I had wondered about one motor in particular, apparently they can hook up and diagnose other things while they have the drone. I researched and found I could get a replacement camera for around $350.00 online, DJI repairs cost was $190.00 (out of warranty). I was surprised they were cheaper than the part. Honestly, I am happier with the drone I got in return, the gimble holds much better than the previous. Before I had to always adjust, not so with this replacement. I was planning to sell the P4 when I got it back since I have the P4P, but it is doing so well, hate to give it up now and will keep as a backup, let others borrow, etc. One thing I did learn from this experience, I purchased a Personal Articles Policy (PAP) from State Farm. They cover the drone(s) if I crash them, lose them, they get stolen, etc. with no deductable. For both my drones $60.00 per year, for both, not each. Something to think about.

I had to update firmware. Thus far no problems with either my P4 or P4P on the new firmware. I've done a few commercal jobs with them since, so far so good. As for the drone I got in return, had all the stickers on it, even the camera lens, etc. had the stickers like it was new. Nice and shiny, looks good to me. I know it is common practice to get refurbs back on returns for other things like computers, etc. When I sent my P4 in, DJI sent me a list of items to be repaired, they found a motor that needed replacing. I had wondered about one motor in particular, apparently they can hook up and diagnose other things while they have the drone. I researched and found I could get a replacement camera for around $350.00 online, DJI repairs cost was $190.00 (out of warranty). I was surprised they were cheaper than the part. Honestly, I am happier with the drone I got in return, the gimble holds much better than the previous. Before I had to always adjust, not so with this replacement. I was planning to sell the P4 when I got it back since I have the P4P, but it is doing so well, hate to give it up now and will keep as a backup, let others borrow, etc. One thing I did learn from this experience, I purchased a Personal Articles Policy (PAP) from State Farm. They cover the drone(s) if I crash them, lose them, they get stolen, etc. with no deductable. For both my drones $60.00 per year, for both, not each. Something to think about.

Thanks for your detailed report santopilot, I'm made up you are satisfied with DJI service, I feel a bit happier in sending my drone in for service now after your experience.

The insurance sounds a great deal, but unfortunately I don't think they operate here in the U.K., although we probably have an equivalent if I was to search for them.

I have public liability insurance and to date was prepared to accept the loss if my drone was to crash so long as any third party damage was covered.

I will be preparing my equipment for transport to the Netherlands service dept in the very near future.

Regards

IKW

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72