U.S. Dealers still receiving DJI inventory

Reaction score
I just received an email from Atlanta Hobby with this quote:

"Almost a million dollars of DJI multi rotor products just landed on our dock with more exciting products on the way! Please check out our FaceBook page and our daily blog as industry news moves fast and we want to keep you posted."

It sounds like Atlanta Hobby wasn't affected by the injunction.

It may have been an order placed before the injunction came into effect... then again, IMO there's 1001 ways to go around such thing.

Ksc said:
A million dollars? I'm thinking that number is greatly exaggerated.

Considering that Atlanta Hobby carries the bigger-ticket items as well (S800 Evo, Zemuse Z15 gimbals, etc), it may not be far off, and I'm sure they do own their share of the still-ripe Vision market.

Look at it this way: if they sell just 200 Visions/week, that's $800,000 in a month just from those.

"Nearly" is a very subjective term though...could mean $980,000 or $750,000 :D

DJI may be using them as the single drop off point to redistribute to the 31 other dealers that have been quad-blocked by the court.

LeoS said:
DJI may be using them as the single drop off point to redistribute to the 31 other dealers that have been quad-blocked by the court.

Good point. I don't know if they're handling all those, but he did mention that they're part of the supply chain to at least some Tier-2 dealers.

There were several dealers that were not affected by the injuction. I talked to one the other day (Aces Deals) who went directly to DJI China and is still getting inventory.

Atlanta Hobby (just up the block from me) was NOT listed in the court order. They get two big shipments a month. Boxes to the ceiling when they come in, a few days later...almost nothing. Never saw anything like it.

You have to remember that 19 of the 31 dealers are defunct. That leaves 12 and the only two that are of consequence is Amazon and B&H. I am sure that Atlanta and others are taking care of them. The injunction says that DJI cannot sell direct to the Dealers it doesn't say that others cannot. Restraint of trade you know.

This type of injunction against the seller/manufacturer is useless when there are distribution networks. The injunction only binds the party against whom the injunction is issued (DJI HK) but does not affect anyone else. meaning that the dealers are free to buy from whoever they want, including transshipments.

It is a non issue and will have no effect on supply.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl