Turn off Wifi on Phone if Flying via Tablet

Reaction score
Been getting a lot of, compass stuck, weak transmission signal, and other warnings from Litchi and Go app. Was getting good range, but battery would flash form 0 to 67 back and forth, and once it declared it was landing at 2300 feet out while over a swamp while flying Litchi. Running several check flights today, I heard my phone in my pocket relaying flight telemetry. It seems that the ac was connected to both my phone and tablet, causing erratic telemetry and signals.
I had originally connected to the PHANTOM WIFI on my phone, and because I turn on tx first, then ac, it would connect to my phone first unbeknownst to me, and then I wold connect the tablet to ac, sharing the wifi signal, thus weakening and confusing the signal. I think:)
Turned of wifi on phone and subsequent flights were interference free.

Last edited:
As far as I remember there is only 1 wifi connection available on the standard. However, it's worth putting unused devices into flight-mode/wifi off - the standard is super sensitive to any kind of radio interference

Been getting a lot of, compass stuck, weak transmission signal, and other warnings from Litchi and Go app. Was getting good range, but battery would flash form 0 to 67 back and forth, and once it declared it was landing at 2300 feet out while over a swamp while flying Litchi. Running several check flights today, I heard my phone in my pocket relaying flight telemetry. It seems that the ac was connected to both my phone and tablet, causing erratic telemetry and signals.
I had originally connected to the PHANTOM WIFI on my phone, and because I turn on tx first, then ac, it would connect to my phone first unbeknownst to me, and then I wold connect the tablet to ac, sharing the wifi signal, thus weakening and confusing the signal. I think:)
Turned of wifi on phone and subsequent flights were interference free.
Ive been haveing similar issues and resolved by putting fone in airplane mode. Ive bumped my thread to keep in the spotlight so others may take notice

As far as I remember there is only 1 wifi connection available on the standard. However, it's worth putting unused devices into flight-mode/wifi off - the standard is super sensitive to any kind of radio interference

Whilst there is only 1 wifi connection, multiple phones/tablets will connect to it if they have been connected previously, I remember this from the old P2V days, could never work out why the signal kept dropping until i realised that my other tablet and phone had also picked up the WIFI and joined to it.

According to both phone and tablet, I was connected to each of their wifis. Also, while flying with the tablet, my voice commands were issuing from my pocket where the phone was. So, apparently both devices were sharing the p3's wifi, creating interference.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart