Trying the no live feed fix

Reaction score
Been planning on getting a plus with the no live feed issue but was afraid that if it didn't work I would be stuck.

As luck would have it a mate has borrowed me his plus with the issue.

If it works I'll be adding a video to my YT channel and will let you know the outcome.

Assuming you are talking about the wifi board reflash, it worked for mine.

Just found this thread. But I don't see any fix, just comments about it. Could someone please repost the fix?

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with heat but that is the general consensus. Just in case I don't idle mine without the props running and I changed the live feed to lower resolution/speed.

Gosh, I just remembered I'd discharge batteries to minimum by leaving the power on with props off in the house. That could let heat grow because of no forced air flow.
DGI even suggest this in their instructions as one way of deep discharging the batteries as per instructions:

"Place battery in Phantom and turn on. Leave on until there is less than 8% of power left or until the battery can no longer be turned on."

Perhaps there's someway DJI could do something even this long after giving instructions that can damage the unit?

9feac038ca5492b690d0d7209c2da353.jpg

Last edited:
DJI doesn't care about something as old as the 2+. I did buy a replacement wifi module and the case on the replacement one is full of holes. I will use the reflashed one until it fails again and then use the new one. I still have my doubts about the heat being the cause. I simply flew my drone like always, then left it stored away for several months and when I got it out the video feed was dead. I did nothing that should have generated more heat in the unit than the many other times I used it.

Just fixed 4 out of 6 units doing this, but I've got one that just won't work, anyone had one where it does show the Bootme , then it takes the reflash ok but then teraterm just does nothing when you test it.

I purchased the Phantom from an individual, not a store. 6 months later, after winter storage, I han no live video feed.
I tried all the internet fixes, nothing worked. Called dji, since I did not buy from dji or an authorized rep, there was no warranty.
Cost to fix was in the hundreds of dollars, then some reported that after the wifi module was replaced, the same black screen appeared.
I got frustrated with an expensive quad and not being able to use it as intended. So I did some major modifications, didn't cost much. Now I have video, osd and actually like it better.
Here is a link to my youtube fix. I discuss what I did in video.
Hope this helps.
Stev

I purchased the Phantom from an individual, not a store. 6 months later, after winter storage, I han no live video feed.
I tried all the internet fixes, nothing worked. Called dji, since I did not buy from dji or an authorized rep, there was no warranty.
Cost to fix was in the hundreds of dollars, then some reported that after the wifi module was replaced, the same black screen appeared.
I got frustrated with an expensive quad and not being able to use it as intended. So I did some major modifications, didn't cost much. Now I have video, osd and actually like it better.
Here is a link to my youtube fix. I discuss what I did in video.
Hope this helps.
Stev

So in essence you made a P2V+ into a P2 with all the external addons, well if it worked for you mate then fair enough i suppose.
Thing is the flash thing does work, ive fixed 6 units so far and none have gone bad after 2 weeks storage, dont suppose you still have the wifi unit you would be willing to send, if so I could fix it for you and send it back, you pay postage for it.

Just fixed 4 out of 6 units doing this, but I've got one that just won't work, anyone had one where it does show the Bootme , then it takes the reflash ok but then teraterm just does nothing when you test it.
Are you charging to fix?

Well, looks like I have the same problem as a lot of you, black screen syndrome !.
I have just taken Phantom 2 vision plus apart, and mine has the new style (with holes) WiFi module, has anyone else had this problem on the new ones.
Done the ping test, and it is def not responding.
Anyone up for repairing mine ?, at the right price of course, (PM me with Price, info etc)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT