Traveling case with gimble

Reaction score
are their any cases than can accommodate the phantom 2 and gimble without having to take off the gimble and ground station, etc...

Maybe it isn't a good idea to leave them on? Anyone have experience?

Thanks,
Thad

tbwester said:
are their any cases than can accommodate the phantom 2 and gimble without having to take off the gimble and ground station, etc...

Maybe it isn't a good idea to leave them on? Anyone have experience?

Thanks,
Thad

What's up man! I am a cinematographer based out of the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area. I am opening an online store within the next couple weeks or so, I will be selling these awesome backpacks that fit everything you need with the phantom 2/vision including gimbal/batteries/fpv screen, ETC.. They are $149 (way cheaper than 99.9% of the ridiculous prices I've seen for these bags). And incase you're wondering, yes they are waterproof :D Send me a PM if interested

Forgot to provide a picture :lol:

Attachments

• DroneWorksBackpack.jpg
    DroneWorksBackpack.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 473
  • DroneWorks2.jpg
    DroneWorks2.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 524
****, that's pretty sweet. I may be interested. Shoot me an email once you get up and running - tbwester at gmail (dot) com.

Will I need to remove the gimble to put it in the bag?

I'm using vanguard uprise backpack to carry my P2. I am able to place my ultrabook, p2 with gimball and gopro mounted, 2 spare batteries, RC, 7" monitor, p2 battery charger, 7"monitor charger, extra props, prop guards, my canon 70d, 18-135 lens, 50-250 lens

my 2 cents is its better to travel with a backpack instead of suitcase like hard case.

tbwester said:
****, that's pretty sweet. I may be interested. Shoot me an email once you get up and running - tbwester at gmail (dot) com.

Will I need to remove the gimble to put it in the bag?

You can leave the gimbal on as there is a void in the area where it fits in the case.

You may want to invest in a little plastic clip to hold the gimabl steady and stop it flopping around in transit.
Like this "Zen-Clip"
http://www.shapeways.com/model/2050481/ ... terialId=6

Here are photos of my backpack case that cost $95 plus shipping.
[*]FIELDLINE TACTICAL ALPHA OPS DIGITAL INTERNAL FRAME HYDRATION BACK PACK - Ebay for $59.99
[*]Fastcap 1-1/8 Thick Kaizen Foam, 2' x 4' $13.69
[*]2-1/4 Thick Kaizen Foam, 2 ft x 4 ft Sheet $20.99
I used a knife and hot screw driver for the cutouts. The screw driver was heated up with a blow torch (you could use an iron or stove), and was used to smooth the edges and create holes for the antennas. The case also holds my FPV monitor and chargers. Remaining external pockets can be used for anything. It also came with a hydration reservoir. I slip the props along the side of the foam. I took out the stays (stiffener) since they are not needed and I used the excess foam created a lumbar pad.

Attachments

• 01-IMG_0002.jpg
    01-IMG_0002.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 264
  • 02-IMG_9999.jpg
    02-IMG_9999.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 282
  • 03-IMG_9998.jpg
    03-IMG_9998.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 297
  • 04-IMG_9993.jpg
    04-IMG_9993.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 276
  • 05-IMG_0007.jpg
    05-IMG_0007.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 340
Will it fit with tall/wide landing gear?

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94