Transmitter / Receiver Matchup

Reaction score
OK......after months of suffering neck cramps from line-of-sight flying with my P2 and Zenmuse, I am ready to enter the realm of FPV !!!! I've decided on the Immersion RC 5.8GHz 600Ma Tx and the FlySight 32 Ch Black Pearl 5.8GHz Diversity Monitor. Both seem to work well from what I'm reading in other threads and reviews.

I need to make sure the Black Pearl is compatible with the Immersion RC.

Anyone out there have experience with this FPV combination?

Thanks.

They're compatible as long as you get the 7-channel "SMA" version of the Black Pearl, and not the 32-channel "RP-SMA" model. The 7-channel model has matched frequencies to the ones used by the Immersion Tx. The 32-channel model...does not.

Also, "SMA" and "RP-SMA" refer to the types of antenna connectors on the monitor, so if you get any aftermarket antennae for it you'll need to make sure they have SMA connectors.

Weirdly, in the UK, they have 32ch SMA black pearls and no 7ch ones. I could always return one if it didn't perform as advertised but the places they sell them ie firstpersonview.co.uk are pretty up on fpv systems. They do a bp 32ch sma, irc 600mw tx, iosd, sma spironets. Don't really want to order from overseas in case of returns etc but I only see the 7ch version on that one site in US.

Best way to go is the blackpearl monitor (RP-SMA Version), 400mw flysight transmitter (RP-SMA Version), helical antenna on the monitor, cloverleaf on the craft. You will need two RP-SMA to SMA adapters for the antennas to fit on the monitor and transmitter. I build these all the time for customers and have given me the absolute best results. remember to keep the transmitter and antenna as far away from the craft as possible i.e. buy a transmitter bracket. You will thank me later lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl