Transmitter beeping

Reaction score
My Tx begins to make a beeping sound about 30 seconds into a flight. Is this the alarm telling me to replace the four AA's? Batteries are around four months old, red LED is not blinking and cannot find any info in the manual or on line.

reALIGNed said:
My Tx begins to make a beeping sound about 30 seconds into a flight. Is this the alarm telling me to replace the four AA's? Batteries are around four months old, red LED is not blinking and cannot find any info in the manual or on line.

Does that mean you listen to the transmitter bleeping for the remaining xx minutes of the flight or does it stop? Don't be such a tightwad and replace the batteries (this will enable you to see whether it needs new or not) 4 months is way beyond the time I would expect them to last unless they had not done much flying.

Not being a tight wad, I'm just wondering if this is the low voltage signal.

reALIGNed said:
Not being a tight wad, I'm just wondering if this is the low voltage signal.

I believe it is, mine bleeped and I changed the batteries and it's fine.

If you put your batteries on a radiator for a bit :lol: you may squeeze another flight out :lol:

I put new ones in and its fine. I thought I read somewhere that the low voltage signal was indicated by a flashing led on the tx.

reALIGNed said:

thanks for info. now i know how long the tx battery last in general. i really appreciate your info. now i can stop thinking in back of my head about those batteries. :)

Note that the transmitter will also beep if you leave it on, but don't use it for a while.

I was confused when it first happened, because I was sure that the batteries were new. :)

-- Roger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl