Took some video of dolphins at Panama City Beach this week

Reaction score
first time flying over water and no issues at all. Flew in P mode with OA off for more speed. Took about 20 flights. Varied height from 70ft to 400ft. Had to hand catch a few times to not stir up the sand.

Video is unedited and kind of long. Height from 70ft to 300ft and up to about 1200ft from shore.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

--Ray

Last edited:
Reactions: ftttu
Hey! Those weren't dolphins, those were SHARKS!!!! Sharks I tell ya'!!!

Really nice footage. I would love to capture something similar here along the Texas Gulf Coast, but they water is way too murky for anything similar to your footage. I would get them breaching, but all of their underwater antics wouldn't be viewable.

Again, really nice! Dolphins aren't my favorite animals for nothing.

Hey! Those weren't dolphins, those were SHARKS!!!! Sharks I tell ya'!!!

Really nice footage. I would love to capture something similar here along the Texas Gulf Coast, but they water is way too murky for anything similar to your footage. I would get them breaching, but all of their underwater antics wouldn't be viewable.

Again, really nice! Dolphins aren't my favorite animals for nothing.

Believe me, I looked for sharks every day and couldn't find any (probabaky a good thing!!!). I was disappointed that I only was able to film wildlife on one occasion. I may have seen a turtle once but was too high to identify it.

Cool experience and right place, right time. Congrats! Time to add some ND polarizers to cut that water glare.

They have no "porpoise" to do so. Har har...

I bought filters before the trip and forgot to use them!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan