Took off and P3P acted drunk

Reaction score
I had just flown on one battery and drained it down to 30%. The flight and landing went smoothly. After I swapped in the 2nd (fresh) battery, and the aircraft "warmed up" again, I tried taking off but immediately something felt off. It didn't rise quickly and with authority like it usually does. The controls felt "soft" for lack of a better word. It wasn't stable in the air and when I tried bringing it back down to land it (It was maybe 8 feet off the ground and 10 feet away) it wouldn't land cleanly either. It ended up tilting sideways and the props were spinning against a column.

Holding down on the throttle stick didn't kill the power right away as it usually does. I had to wait through 10 seconds of props grinding on concrete before it would shut off. I'm going to toss the props since they've been beat up a bit (and they were the slick looking black carbon fiber reinforced props!), but this behavior is worrisome. I have no idea what caused it or what might cause it to happen again.

I was flying in the same exact space as the flight before, nothing changed except swapping out a battery.

I had just flown on one battery and drained it down to 30%. The flight and landing went smoothly. After I swapped in the 2nd (fresh) battery, and the aircraft "warmed up" again, I tried taking off but immediately something felt off. It didn't rise quickly and with authority like it usually does. The controls felt "soft" for lack of a better word. It wasn't stable in the air and when I tried bringing it back down to land it (It was maybe 8 feet off the ground and 10 feet away) it wouldn't land cleanly either. It ended up tilting sideways and the props were spinning against a column.

Holding down on the throttle stick didn't kill the power right away as it usually does. I had to wait through 10 seconds of props grinding on concrete before it would shut off. I'm going to toss the props since they've been beat up a bit (and they were the slick looking black carbon fiber reinforced props!), but this behavior is worrisome. I have no idea what caused it or what might cause it to happen again.

I was flying in the same exact space as the flight before, nothing changed except swapping out a battery.
Was it in GPS mode before you took off or still in ATTI mode?

Also, if I were in that situation it would be one of the rare times I would use the CSC to stop the motors instantly.

Was it in GPS mode before you took off or still in ATTI mode?

Also, if I were in that situation it would be one of the rare times I would use the CSC to stop the motors instantly.

GPS with 17 satellites. It was really bizarre.... shook me up for a bit but swapped on the original props and had another good flight afterwards that day.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadabyanza24