tired of beta testing Litchi

Reaction score
<rant>Hello:

Well, I must say I'm rather disgusted with Litchi.

The simple mission I saved on the Litchi website under my account will not sync with my iPad mini 3, using the identical log-in credentials on the iPad as used on the website. I've read through posts and followed the suggestions provided by many others afflicted with this problem, and followed Litchi's 'directions' for syncing computer to iPad. Nothing I've tried resolves the problem.

Setting up missions on the iPad redefines inconvenient; that procedure is not an option.

Unless a kind soul out there can offer a solution to syncing missions from my desktop computer to the iPad (without having to brick the iPad), I will delete this headache and write it off as a $22.99 lesson.</rant>

Do you have an Android tablet? I never used litchi but wondering if using an Android tablet may work for you.

@SZPFlyer
Welcome to the Forum!

Use the App on your Ipad, create a simple mission and save it, then use the PC logging into the hub, see if shows up on the hub under your account, that's how I figured it out.

I only use the hub anymore for my missions, I download to the Ipad, click some options thats only on the app and fly.

Does this show up on your PC?
Mission Hub - Litchi

What are you using for a browser?

Also share your mission here from the hub like I did, see if we can load it here.

Rod

Setting up waypoint missions on my tablet is the only way that I use Litchi.
I don't find it at all inconvenient.
I'll second Meta's opinion. Using the website seems more of an inconvenience, imho.

Reactions: Pharm
Do you have an Android tablet? I never used litchi but wondering if using an Android tablet may work for you.

Thanks for your suggestion. No, the only Android device I have is a Moto E cell. Too small a screen for my eyes....

Reactions: macoman
<rant>Hello:

The simple mission I saved on the Litchi website under my account will not sync with my iPad mini 3, using the identical log-in credentials on the iPad as used on the website. I've read through posts and followed the suggestions provided by many others afflicted with this problem, and followed Litchi's 'directions' for syncing computer to iPad. Nothing I've tried resolves the problem.

Setting up missions on the iPad redefines inconvenient; that procedure is not an option.

Unless a kind soul out there can offer a solution to syncing missions from my desktop computer to the iPad (without having to brick the iPad), I will delete this headache and write it off as a $22.99 lesson.</rant>

On Litchi on the iPad, do you not see the missions that you have saved on the Mission Hub website, or can you see them but they won't load? And are they actually saved in Mission Hub - i.e. if you click on MISSIONS > Open, are they in the list?

<rant>Hello:

There is a chance you maybe doing something wrong when loading your saved mission, one you save the mission at the hub you should be able to select and load on the iPad, I've not seen/heard of this issue. I have just created, save and loaded a simple mission and it worked fine for me.

Last edited:
@SZPFlyer
Welcome to the Forum!

Use the App on your Ipad, create a simple mission and save it, then use the PC logging into the hub, see if shows up on the hub under your account, that's how I figured it out.

I only use the hub anymore for my missions, I download to the Ipad, click some options thats only on the app and fly.

Does this show up on your PC?
Mission Hub - Litchi

What are you using for a browser?

Also share your mission here from the hub like I did, see if we can load it here.

Rod

Hello Rod:

Whale-oil-beef-hooked.

I followed your advice, creating and saving a mission on the iPad, then logged into Mission Hub - Litchi with my desktop (iMac/Safari). And there it was. The iPad-saved mission appeared on the desktop...and the first mission I saved yesterday on the desktop then appeared on the iPad. Perhaps it took overnight for my new Litchi account registration to trickle down through the servers...but whatever, it now works as advertised. Thank you for your idea!

I too plan to use the hub mostly to create missions, download and fly.

About sharing the mission, I've set it as 'public,' though have no idea how you could find it. There seems no way to search for a particular mission or user, no sort option or even alphabetical listing of mission names or users (see attached). More growing pains I guess.

Cheers,

John

_______

Discover missions.jpg

Glad you got it sorted, it did seem strange that it worked for everyone else.

Setting up waypoint missions on my tablet is the only way that I use Litchi.
I don't find it at all inconvenient.

I found that setting up a mission on my iPad required considerable time deleting waypoints placed by accidentally touching the screen, amongst other problems using the touch-screen. User error, yes, convenient to me, no. Fine control of finger movements is not my forte (which is why I only play piano wearing headphones).

On Litchi on the iPad, do you not see the missions that you have saved on the Mission Hub website, or can you see them but they won't load? And are they actually saved in Mission Hub - i.e. if you click on MISSIONS > Open, are they in the list?

Yes, now I do see the missions on the Mission Hub website, and they do load properly (see above). And they are saved and do appear under > Open.

But how can others discover and see the mission (assuming I've set it for public viewing)? Note: The mission hasn't actually been flown yet, since UPS has custody of the drone until next week.

Yes, now I do see the missions on the Mission Hub website, and they do load properly (see above). And they are saved and do appear under > Open.

But how can others discover and see the mission (assuming I've set it for public viewing)? Note: The mission hasn't actually been flown yet, since UPS has custody of the drone until next week.

You can share it via FB or generate a link.

How I share it is just open the mission in the hub, copy and paste the address / URL of your browser to here or an email, etc.

I haven't shared anything else other than that way.

For naming missions I'm trying this method.

2017-0630-Rod-Tony
2017-0630-Rod-Tony_b (REV b) :rolleyes:
2017-0631-Rod-Tony

Trying to get in a order, the most recent will be at the bottom.
Since a lot of mine started with a letter, and I haven't cleaned up what I really want to save and not sure if this works yet.
Always put off today, what you can do tomorrow :cool:

I put a "z" in front.

z2017-0630-Rod-Tony
z2017-0630-Rod-Tony_b
z2017-0631-Rod-Tony

My complainants on the HUB.

If go to rename a new mission.
DO NOT USE THE [Delete] button!!!
Use the [Backspace]

When you are deleting characters in the name you are deleting way points from your new mission at the same time. :mad::eek:

I blame a crash on this one, luckily I guess, gimbal plate that mounts to the Phantom, of coarse props. Over an hour to find it and retrieve it a lot off stress and mile worth of walking in the woods. :rolleyes:

The way point dialog box doesn't always show up. :mad:
Litchi way point 26000ft one way flight

Rod

How I share it is just open the mission in the hub, copy and paste the address / URL of your browser to here or an email, etc.

Got it!

My complainants on the HUB.

If go to rename a new mission.

DO NOT USE THE [Delete] button!!!

Use the [Backspace]

When you are deleting characters in the name you are deleting way points from your new mission at the same time.

Thanks for the heads-up on that one. There's no Backspace on my keyboard; I think that's a Windoze feature not available on my mac. I'll be careful about not accidentally removing waypoints during mission setup.

John

Are you using Safari, Some one said they couldn't get it to work?

Rod

Forget Glitchy, I am confident you will like FPV Camera! I used to have Litchi but deleted when there was so many focus issues. Have since used both FPV Camera and AutoPilot(much deeper in features)
Love both! No issues

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka