Tired of being nervous

If you live in the United States you can buy a Personal Articles Policy that covers loss or repair of your drone. $60 per year. In case your not good at numbers that's less then half of what DJI charges for insurance. Who offers it you say... State Farm. So if your record is clean and have not had 6 DWI's you should qaulify.

If you live in the United States you can buy a Personal Articles Policy that covers loss or repair of your drone. $60 per year. In case your not good at numbers that's less then half of what DJI charges for insurance. Who offers it you say... State Farm. So if your record is clean and have not had 6 DWI's you should qaulify.
My State Farm agent here in California called his underwriter to check coverage under the personal articles coverage.
He told me No coverage at all while flying. The only coverage was if my P3A was in the house and damaged during a fire, etc. or was stolen from inside the house.

i completed my personal best of 8 miles round trip on my P4 today (it was a 'f*ck it' moment). I hit 10% with a couple of thousand feet to go and managed to glide it in on auto land, clipping a bush on the way. She touched down in front on my feet. Second flight where I've gone balls to the wall and it usually makes me act sensibly for a few months afterwards. Video to follow soon

The most important part about long range testing is to have a good area with multiple "safe zones" along the return flight path for emergency landings if battery power gets too low and your bird won't make it back to you.

I fly at a public park near Cincinnati, OH, and it's flat as a pancake and very few trees in any direction. The park itself is one square mile but I like to fly beyond the borders so it's an ideal location for long distance testing. However, back in October on a windless day I tried pushing the limits too much on my P4 and flew out 4.5 miles on a stock battery and it got down to 7% power when it was still a mile away from me coming home! Luckily, there is an area north of the park that is an undeveloped housing project with multiple paved roads but no houses. So I was able to land in that "safety zone" since I still had FPV signal even at 2% battery power and was able to gently bring it down in a patch of thick grass. Careful planning was what saved me from losing a $1200 bird.

Last edited:
My State Farm agent here in California called his underwriter to check coverage under the personal articles coverage.
He told me No coverage at all while flying. The only coverage was if my P3A was in the house and damaged during a fire, etc. or was stolen from inside the house.
Okay well my agent here in Missouri says any type of damage is covered anywhere in the world. Its an "ALL PERIL" policy. So maybe its different state by state.

I finally said the hell with it and ventured out on my first night flight....
What do you think???

Al Bairaq Mall.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello