Tips for smooth shots

Reaction score
If this has been done before...too bad
It's possible to get smooth shots without an extra gimbal, you just have to work on it.
I have a couple of tips, but hope to learn more. Here's what I've learned:

1 - Don't try to correct the direction of the Vision during flight. Every course correction will make jerky video
2 - Get smooth head and tail on any shot you want, make sure you have a second or more before and after what you need
3 - If the GPS is fighting your shot, turn it off for a moment. The Vision won't fly away
4 - Plan your shot, then fly through it as smoothly as possible
5 - It's easier to get a stable shot if the Vision is moving. Shots are always more dramatic with movement anyway. Tracking slowly left or right is easy and enhances any shot.

I'm anxious to hear what tips you have. Here's a link to a shot I did last week that was challenging http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxaonzdO ... HhpcbuHtAw

Will Rockwell said:
If this has been done before...too bad
It's possible to get smooth shots without an extra gimbal, you just have to work on it.
I have a couple of tips, but hope to learn more. Here's what I've learned:

1 - Don't try to correct the direction of the Vision during flight. Every course correction will make jerky video
2 - Get smooth head and tail on any shot you want, make sure you have a second or more before and after what you need
3 - If the GPS is fighting your shot, turn it off for a moment. The Vision won't fly away
4 - Plan your shot, then fly through it as smoothly as possible
5 - It's easier to get a stable shot if the Vision is moving. Shots are always more dramatic with movement anyway. Tracking slowly left or right is easy and enhances any shot.

I'm anxious to hear what tips you have. Here's a link to a shot I did last week that was challenging http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxaonzdO ... HhpcbuHtAw

Good work Will,

A couple of additional thoughts: the ATTI mode is your friend for tracking or moving past the subject, and the key (for me) is remembering that I need to get plenty of video to get the 'perfect shot' which is probably just a sliver of the whole thing that is ultimately recorded.

Take a lot and edit it down to what you need I remind myself, versus conserving 'space'.

Simple add on to your tips, but it's been important to what I'm learning.

;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl