Tips for flying Multirotors in Winter Temperatures

Have you actually tried to discharge a battery by running propless motors? It would take a loooong time to discharge. Also, if there's a video transmitter on the rig, it's not getting sufficient cooling. Bad idea. Discharging a lipo to 8% and storing it with that charge is not a good idea!! Basic stuff guys...

Fyod said:
Have you actually tried to discharge a battery by running propless motors? It would take a loooong time to discharge. Also, if there's a video transmitter on the rig, it's not getting sufficient cooling. Bad idea. Discharging a lipo to 8% and storing it with that charge is not a good idea!! Basic stuff guys...

+1

Fyod said:

Yep, it takes a long time, even with props on.

By the way, I am not sure if running motors without props for longer period of time is a good idea. Props cool motors and give certain load, which is important if you ask me.

Managed to watch the first 5 minutes and learned that if I'm going outside in the cold to fly to take a nice coat and a scarf and to cut my gloves up.

Invaluable. Surprised I've lasted this many winters......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94