Tiger motor Props

U don't need to install all 4 for them to spin. They sho u l be individual.

Can u take a picture to show us?

Kind of weird for u to fried all esc.

Re: Bad soldering

himo said:
Ok, i think my attempt at installing the tigers was a complete fail. the motors dont spin!! now i am not even sure if its a fried ESC bad soldering. I have done 3 so far and non of them spin. Do i have to have all 4 connected for all of them to spin?? or should i stop and try to resolder the 3??What are the chances that i fried 3 ESCs?.

Did you happen to unplug the GPS so you could remove the top shell? The motors will not start if the GPS is disconnected.

Re: Bad soldering

DCGOO said:
himo said:
Ok, i think my attempt at installing the tigers was a complete fail. the motors dont spin!! now i am not even sure if its a fried ESC bad soldering. I have done 3 so far and non of them spin. Do i have to have all 4 connected for all of them to spin?? or should i stop and try to resolder the 3??What are the chances that i fried 3 ESCs?.

Did you happen to unplug the GPS so you could remove the top shell? The motors will not start if the GPS is disconnected.

Now why didn't I think of that to tell him!? haha

oh mannn i didnt plug the gps !!!!! lol gonna try that in a bit here. Ya i really dont think i would fry all 3.....and yes its my first time soldering !!! good thing is i sent it to a high tech place to get the soldering done right.......now i need to tell them to plug the gps in lol

himo said:
Hi guys i have order the tiger Antigravity motors for my pv2+. Do you guys know anything about the props CF 9 tiger motors is offering?? are they better than the stock on a pv2+?
You should watch Youtube reviews of T-motors... Some people have had all kinds of problems with them. You need to also make sure when installing them you get the wiring correct (they're not color coded, all grey) so the motor spins in the right direction!! Unlike DJI-2212 motors, they are not CW/CCW spinning. The wiring configuration determines the direction of rotation.
Why are you changing the motors anyway? Genuine DJI-2212 motors are cheaper and more efficient.

In relation to CF props. Retailers claim they are pre-balanced, but generally are not. I only use CF and balance them all before even attempting to fly with them. If you are not a confident flyer, avoid them as they make the Phantom 'twitchy'. Particularly in windy conditions and they are very sharp & can cause serious injury in the event of an accident when spinning at 15,000rpm

I definitely like the T-Motor CF props, pristinely perfect. But not worth the 5x price they cost, perhaps 1.5x tops. I also really like the T-Motor motors, significantly more powerful and quieter, although roughly 2x DJI cost, I thought reasonable.

himo said:
oh mannn i didnt plug the gps !!!!! lol gonna try that in a bit here. Ya i really dont think i would fry all 3.....and yes its my first time soldering !!! good thing is i sent it to a high tech place to get the soldering done right.......now i need to tell them to plug the gps in lol

Himo,

have you installed and tuned your gains? Tell us how you feel about the motors!

Hey no i havent yet. I think one of my ESC boards is fried. i got my soldering redone at a tech place. Still no motors are spinning even with gps plugged in. Im getting green flashing on the led lights but nothing happens when i switch motors on. any ideas?? there is no way i fried 4 of them. I have ordered 2 just incase should be here by today or monday . but im gettin no spinning

Now if i remove the ESC board and try to test nothing works it beeps. i think there has to be 4 boards there to test. i have to wait till monday to receive ESC boards. Im so bummed its nice out and i wanna fly so bad lol ....

anchorkee said:
Hi,

I don't know about the tiger CF 9 props but I have tried CF 9 props before on my stock motor for P2V+. It was really scary and I had 3 crashes in a row because of vortex wash! So please be careful yah!

Btw, I have since changed to Tiger Antigravity motors! Please be mindful that it has more power then the stock motors and you have to change the gains down before you fly. and take about 2 batteries to tune your gains again.

Since we are on the topic, anyone wants to share their gain settings for T Antigravity motors? I'm using version 3 of the motors and my gains are as follows:

Basic:
Pitch: 100%
Roll: 100%
Yaw: 130%
Vertical: 120%

Attitude Gain:
both: 180%

What's yours?

be careful with those gains. i would recommend you keep them default, even with T-motors. i've had a couple P2s flip on me because i wanted a faster drone! :oops:

himo said:
Now if i remove the ESC board and try to test nothing works it beeps. i think there has to be 4 boards there to test. i have to wait till monday to receive ESC boards. Im so bummed its nice out and i wanna fly so bad lol ....

unfortuantely you do have to have all 4 ESCs soldered in place or craft will not function properly. if even 1 ESC is broken the craft will not power on! luckily the ESC LED indicators show which one is ****.

Phantom Phixer said:
be careful with those gains. i would recommend you keep them default, even with T-motors. i've had a couple P2s flip on me because i wanted a faster drone! :oops:

Hi Phixer,

That was why I tune my gains down and not up. If I have stayed with the default gains, my craft will be faster and stronger. The default gains gave me high freq oscillations, causing the camera to shake too much. Was afraid it would damage the cam. I have since retune my gains and the numbers are as follows now.

Basic:
Pitch: 100% Roll: 100% Yaw: 120% Vertical: 200%
Attitude: both 220%

himo said:
Hey no i havent yet. I think one of my ESC boards is fried. i got my soldering redone at a tech place. Still no motors are spinning even with gps plugged in. Im getting green flashing on the led lights but nothing happens when i switch motors on. any ideas?? there is no way i fried 4 of them. I have ordered 2 just incase should be here by today or monday . but im gettin no spinning

Sorry to hear that Himo. Do let us know again when you get them done up. Please be extra careful this time yah! :)

hey guys ...quick question... if the led is not flashing on 2 of the legs is that an indication of 2 defective escs? i know for sure that i have messed one up coz i ripped the plate of it.

himo said:
hey guys ...quick question... if the led is not flashing on 2 of the legs is that an indication of 2 defective escs? i know for sure that i have messed one up coz i ripped the plate of it.

Sadly...yes. It means that.

im getting good at this ...luckily i ordered 2 escs before diagnosis lol i just felt it man....me and my phantom have a mental connection already!!! ill be up and flying on monday hopefully!! then i got tiger motor calibration to worry about lol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl