This is my camera on my New P-3 SE 4K why no place for a UV ?

Reaction score
I have a brand new P-3 SE 4K and i wanted a UV filter to protect the bare lens from dust and a finger print However.......I have No threads for the UV that screws On.....
IMG_20171002_164625.jpg
IMG_20171002_164538.jpg
.whats Wrong here !

you bouight the wrong filter(s). you need a friction fit/push on set. but do your homework, some are quite heavy and not well suited for the purpose.

you bouight the wrong filter(s). you need a friction fit/push on set. but do your homework, some are quite heavy and not well suited for the purpose.

No No i have not bought any thing yet......i seen they all had threaded lens and mine did not.....i thought its the wrong camera.

ahhh i see ! get a set of the push on ones, and if you are set on a uv filter, do some research on linear and non linear. ( wish i would have!). and get the lightest one that fits your budget ( again...wish id spent a few extra $ for lighter filters ).

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
A UV filter is a bit of a waste of $$. You're more likely to have an ND (essential for video) or a polarizer (for photos) on the front. I got the ND 16/32/64 set and use the 64 most of the time (sunny days) when shooting video clips. The 16 is only useful (for video) if it's after sunset or you're flying in a shaded area. My challenge is that I'm mostly shooting video and an ND filter drops my shutter speed below optimal for photos (ideally shot at much higher shutter speeds). A polarizer is always a good idea for photos if there's sun glare and with photos you can shoot as fast a shutter as you want.

Last edited:
these will fit it I bought this set when I got my drone and I love them good friction fit and fairly light weight so wont mess up your gimbal I use them every flight and they are fantastic I use mostly the polarizer because I take a lot of sunrise and sunset pics but all are great the Nd 8 and 16 are great for directly into the sun photos. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G9HCYTW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
i like this set much better then the thin plastic ones that i looked at last night...and they should not interfere with the gimbals movement either The polarizer weighed 6 g, the other 3 weigh 4 grams each....i don't see a problem with them and ever one had great remarks about them. Thanks Epic Doom

Thats the set i have, and my gimbal isnt happy with them at all!
What am i missing.....many swear that they are ok and have used them for many months and others swear at them for Not not good for the gimbal !

When installed , my gimbal hangs straight down and wont/cant do its start up dance. If i give it some help after start up the camera will hold its horizontal position tho.

When installed , my gimbal hangs straight down and wont/cant do its start up dance. If i give it some help after start up the camera will hold its horizontal position tho.
something is wrong with your gimbal brother mine works perfectly with them installed. you may have a gimbal motor going bad.
i like this set much better then the thin plastic ones that i looked at last night...and they should not interfere with the gimbals movement either The polarizer weighed 6 g, the other 3 weigh 4 grams each....i don't see a problem with them and ever one had great remarks about them. Thanks Epic Doom
the polarizer weighs only 4 grams as do all the filters I put each one on my scale to check them when I first got them

I'm thinking the lens filter might be touching the surface below the lens on the camera ....when he starts UP...and a slight movement by him gets it so it clears the take off area and works as normal ..may be the adapter is not slid on all the way too so ?

Reactions: epicdoom
don't know I push on the lens power up and it goes through its dance with plenty of room to clear the ground I wondering if he got the set that has a plastic adaptor the pushes on the camera and then the lens screws on to that adaptor if that's the case then yeah those are a huge issue My nephew bought that set and they are 1 way to heavy and 2 bump the ground during the dance
this is the set my nephew bought you can see it needs the heavy plastic adapter to attach the lens pieces
https://www.amazon.com/Phantom-Prof...32&keywords=dji+phantom+3+standard+filter+set

don't know I push on the lens power up and it goes through its dance with plenty of room to clear the ground I wondering if he got the set that has a plastic adaptor the pushes on the camera and then the lens screws on to that adaptor if that's the case then yeah those are a huge issue My nephew bought that set and they are 1 way to heavy and 2 bump the ground during the dance
this is the set my nephew bought you can see it needs the heavy plastic adapter to attach the lens pieces
https://www.amazon.com/Phantom-Prof...32&keywords=dji+phantom+3+standard+filter+set
Yes i agree 100%.......the plastic tube adapter weight then the lens weight and If you have to double them UP put way way too much weight on the tiny Gimbal motor....it might do a smoke test and quit working !

Reactions: epicdoom
yep I looked at a lot of filters before I bought a set compared ratings and went with the set I posted. one thing I did find when using filters is you will loose some color tones I combat that by putting the cameras setting into vivid its not perfect, but it does allow more of the color to be visible. when I'm grabbing sunrise photos I don't use any filter for the pictures when the sun is still below the horizon this lets me capture all the pinks that flood the horizon, as the sun peeks above the horizon I fly back and put on a filter. I'm not a photographer and I'm still learning, But I read a lot and I try different things as apposed to settling for what looks good, I always try for the best I can get from the equipment.

My set are all one piece filters, they dont touch the launch pad . Must be a weak gimbal

These are the ones I bought.

It is def heavy as others have stated though. I haven't noticed any problems while the quad is on but when i shut it off the camera flops down to 90° position.

bacafce96a59fed9cb7ffc9a9c708cca.jpg
this is the set not to get due to the weight no matter what set you get when you shut off the drone the cam will drop as the motors are no longer active to hold the camera up sometimes this happens on my standard even without filters and is normal

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z