This is a SUPER NOOB question... (prop guards)

Reaction score
Please don't hit me for how noob this is...

I bought DJI prop guards for my P4. I'm trying to get the clear tabs out of the end of each arm so that I can insert the prop guard but boy oh boy are they in there tight! I don't want to force them out too hard but I feel like they just don't wanna come out.

Any advice on how to get them outta there? Thanks all in advance. :)

I used a 1.0 sized flat head and just lift one side a little then the other an so on, came out fine then!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I bought some prop guards but never put them on.
you realy don't need them.
everybody that puts them on takes them off quite soon and doesn't use them any more.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I bought the 4P+ at Atlanta Hobby and everyone there told me they will affect the control and flight. They do not recommend them. When someone who makes money selling parts tells you you don't need them I took their word for it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I bought the 4P+ at Atlanta Hobby and everyone there told me they will affect the control and flight. They do not recommend them. When someone who makes money selling parts tells you you don't need them I took their word for it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Funny because I haven't put them on yet and I'm really debating if I should even do it at this point. I'm becoming more proficient at flying it without them and I don't have any plans on flying it indoors. Maybe I'll just hold onto the prop guards just in case.

Funny because I haven't put them on yet and I'm really debating if I should even do it at this point. I'm becoming more proficient at flying it without them and I don't have any plans on flying it indoors. Maybe I'll just hold onto the prop guards just in case.
Prop guards are a choice and everyone has their opinions on them. Most experienced hobbyists and those that have turned pro will tell you they are a waste of mass and money. The only thing they will really protect your bird from is a 'light' contact with an object. The trade-off is weight and adding unnecessary mass to your quad, which it was not engineered with in mind. You're much better off practicing in open areas, free of obstructions until you become proficient... then graduate to tighter spaces. If you master flight in Atti mode, you will have no issues maneuvering in close quarters.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl