thinking about purchasing...

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a quadcopter in the near future. Should I be concerned with the lawsuit that is currently going on at DJI? Or the many “fly away” reviews? I like the integrated camera, features and stability of the Phantom FC40, but want to make sure that it is reliable, and there is not a better alternative. Thanks for the help!

As long as DJI is making / selling Phantoms, you're ok whether you're in the US or not.

Regarding fly-aways, there a million threads on the topic. The consensus seems to be that they do happen even when conditions and the pilot are right but the vast majority of them come from reasons external to the design or make of the craft.

http://youtu.be/GBmsQnS1ASQ

This reminds me when I was buying my first phantom. I also was hesitant due to flyways and the bad support DJI is known for.

They way I see it is this:

If you put on a balance the goods and the bad from a DJI phantom and other competitors I believe that taking the risk with a phantom is still the best option out there. I looked at all the options and could not find a reason not to buy a phantom, the Blade looked pretty good but has a GPS problem with go pro cameras, some are falling out of the sky due to badly designed props and the options that were pretty competitive where more than the retail value of the phantom , so it was really a no brainer. I now own 2 and I am happy I did not choose anything else.

f you buy it then do it from a reputable source so they back you up if your quads is defective and I can see no reason why you would not love this thing.

just my $0.02

Not only that, the 350qx has a "feature" where you can't even arm the motors in manual / "agility mode" if it can't get a GPS lock. You have to rebind the controller to do so. Ugh.

Thanks everyone for the advice! I keep looking up review after review for all of the major brands, Blade, Phantom, 3DR IRIS, and building my own. It does not seem like I would save any money building my own the same GPS features as the RTF quadcopters. My budget is about $500 - $600 and would like to get the best features possible...

Any more thoughts?

I own two and have no issues remember you mainly hear negative stuff on sites like this but I'm very happy with DJI

Sent from my S4

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor