The Official "My P4 Range Is Too Short" Thread - Don't Start New Range Threads!

When you're talking range, it would probably be helpful to specify altitude as well. If you're not too far above the ground, there's probably going to be more signal problems than if you're flying higher.
In reality, I guess there are all sorts of other variables affecting this too.

I couldn't agree more. All my flights that have proven my Phantom 4 are no different than the range I get from my P3 Advanced are around 290ft - 380ft in the air. That is most likely the difference. The other thing is (as I have mentioned before) that I am not in a highly populated area when I fly those distances, which myself and others have noted is a drastic improvement over doing so "in town" or wherever.

Yesterday against the wind 200' up went over 12000 feet, all bars. Only 17 mph against wind in p mode, came back at 59 mph in atti, I was hopping to hit 60 that was fun! Unpopulated area, will try further soon, this is week 1 with my P4 and I'm still chicken.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suhail78
Click the HD Icon. Manually select a custom channel such as 20, whatever channel shows the least traffic. When you manually select a custom channel you will then see a slider bar for Transmission Quality. Slide that left to 4mbps, the lowest setting.

Also consider installing the channel hack into your GO APP. That gives you 32 channels and the upper channels are usually very quiet.
*** Sorry, to ask I have tried to install the hack on my Samsung Edge Note with no luck. Do you have any tips? Thanks

Checked my log today was hoping for 60mph, I got 74mph top speed and you can tell in the video that this bird is moving quite well. I love my P4.

Reactions: arcaine25
Windy that day 25 kmph and gusting. I am impressed with the stability in p mode, I live a bit out of town and I flew into the wind to make sure if the battery got low it would be easy to get back. I did not expect to come back so fast. I use imperial settings in go because metric gives your speed in meters per second, I would prefer kmph. I actually intend to do that in higher winds to see how fast it can fly.

Reactions: Heavenlyview
Yesterday against the wind 200' up went over 12000 feet, all bars. Only 17 mph against wind in p mode, came back at 59 mph in atti, I was hopping to hit 60 that was fun! Unpopulated area, will try further soon, this is week 1 with my P4 and I'm still chicken.
Funny, my max speed is like 59.4mph. I just can't seem to hit 60mph

eyecon, I had a hell of a tail wind. If I would have known that I would have gone so fast I would have put it in S mode, I was in atti! Bet I may have hit 80mph. I get strong south winds and I am sure to try again soon.

No problems with my P4 but really starting to get tired of constant, non-stop, endless, whining threads about range and how "it's getting sent back".

Let's keep all of the above mentioned items in this thread to allow others enjoy a variety of threads without scrolling through numerous threads about the same thing.

/flamesuiton

Admin Edit: I changed the title to something more appropriate and stickied it. ;)
well I have just joined this forum cos I have a question but after hearing the above RANT I will go back to dji forum. Who's bitten your bum

Are you using a Windsurfer or just the TX standard antennas?

I bought the silver reflector Windsurfer for the P3. I've used it a little with the P4. Need to experiment more, but it sounds like it should have all the range I'll need.

I bought the silver reflector Windsurfer for the P3. I've used it a little with the P4. Need to experiment more, but it sounds like it should have all the range I'll need.

The other day without widnsurfers I flew approximately 7200ft out and still had 100% signal bars and no breakup in video. I only turned back because I was too chicken to go any further in the specified area (where my folks live in the country) as the area I was approaching is a farmers land who LOVES to hate technology, and would probably take a shot or two at my P4... I wouldn't have been too happy lol

Reactions: Start Visit
The other day without widnsurfers I flew approximately 7200ft out and still had 100% signal bars and no breakup in video. I only turned back because I was too chicken to go any further in the specified area (where my folks live in the country) as the area I was approaching is a farmers land who LOVES to hate technology, and would probably take a shot or two at my P4... I wouldn't have been too happy lol
LOL good reasoning ;)

Reactions: arcaine25
Had my 4th flight with my phantom today, I get to 1500ft and I get low signal. I am in a built up area but was expecting to get more than that.

From what I see for myself and other post location, location, location. Also for me altitude give me better distance that why I had to go to 350, the trees absorb the signal big time. I was just behind maybe 20 feet thick of spruce trees and the bird was in a field and lost signal about 1600.

So I went out to the country side today to have a flight and to see if I could improve on my flight distance. Flew to a height of 300 feet and only managed 1420 feet distance before I got the low signal warning, i noticed when i get the warning and stop the aircraft i get full signal bars, if i move off again i get the same signal warning, once again when i stop i get full signal back. I had a clean line of view with no trees, hills or signal interference. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Thanks

So I went out to the country side today to have a flight and to see if I could improve on my flight distance. Flew to a height of 300 feet and only managed 1420 feet distance before I got the low signal warning, i noticed when i get the warning and stop the aircraft i get full signal bars, if i move off again i get the same signal warning, once again when i stop i get full signal back. I had a clean line of view with no trees, hills or signal interference. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Thanks

In town, trees or not, could be signal interference on many levels. In town my signal isn't nearly as good, more remote / country settings I'm getting 11000 + feet easy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart