the Elephantom?

Not sure I see the point of this. Who would ever use their Phantom as a walk around camera? Way to bulky in my opinion. Glad my Phantom uses a GoPro I can pop off at will. LOL

Not sure I see the point of this. Who would ever use their Phantom as a walk around camera? Way to bulky in my opinion. Glad my Phantom uses a GoPro I can pop off at will. LOL
Hello there! :)
The point is you have an amazing GIMBAL on your Phantom. use it! :)

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Hello there! :)
The point is you have an amazing GIMBAL on your Phantom. use it! :)
I suppose it could be useful for some, still pretty bulky. I like to use a 'steady cam' instead.

Reactions: dirkclod
why use a manual cumbersome steadycam if you have a great active gimbal already? And why carry along another piece of equipment if you already have your Phantom with you for aerial shots already? :)

And the best steadycam, can never compare with any average gimbal.

Any progress with a P3 setup that avoids lugging the tx around with you? I believe that's what it would take to really sell me. When the undeniable excitement of the videos meets the reality of carrying both the phantom and the tx around, the passion wanes.

Any progress with a P3 setup that avoids lugging the tx around with you? I believe that's what it would take to really sell me. When the undeniable excitement of the videos meets the reality of carrying both the phantom and the tx around, the passion wanes.
The Yuneec has solved the issue by making their camera removable and supplying a holder so you have an optional hand held gimbal and it also holds your iPhone etc as your monitor/veiwfinder.
It would be nice if DJI did this but then they wouldn't sell many of the Ronin then would they.

It is a nuisance with the P3, but when I've used the elephantom, I've just clipped the TX to my belt loop and that way it's still hands free.

Hm, I'd consider one for my P3P/iPad setup but it's a bit pricey for a 3D printed part.

The Yuneec has solved the issue by making their camera removable and supplying a holder so you have an optional hand held gimbal and it also holds your iPhone etc as your monitor/veiwfinder.
It would be nice if DJI did this but then they wouldn't sell many of the Ronin then would they.

Or their newest toy, the Osmo:

DJI Osmo – Reinvent Movement | DJI
Nope, I don't look to dji to do it anytime soon, which is why I'd go for the Elephantom if I could just avoid dragging the tx around. Gotta be a way . . .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl