Texas Law question?

Reaction score
I was thinking I read here in the forum about a Texas law passed last year or perhaps it was a bill introduced that is not a law yet. It was supposed to be a law that prevented cities from passing "No Fly Zones". It was basically reserving the right to let only the state to say where it is ok or not ok to fly as I understood it. I think it was more about the airspace and the cities can still pass ordinances about taking off or landing on government owned land. Just wondering if anyone knows the house bill or law. I was wanting to learn more about it as I will be talking to some of our state representatives this week. Thank you for any info you can give me.

I was thinking I read here in the forum about a Texas law passed last year or perhaps it was a bill introduced that is not a law yet. It was supposed to be a law that prevented cities from passing "No Fly Zones". It was basically reserving the right to let only the state to say where it is ok or not ok to fly as I understood it. I think it was more about the airspace and the cities can still pass ordinances about taking off or landing on government owned land. Just wondering if anyone knows the house bill or law. I was wanting to learn more about it as I will be talking to some of our state representatives this week. Thank you for any info you can give me.

Heres what I found. May not answer directly but these are bills on the table in regards to drones in Texas. Hope it helps some.

Texas Legislature Online - 85(R) History for HB 3238
Drone bills in the Texas Legislature - ATA

Thanks I will look at these, not being a lawyer and just reading the laws it gets so confusing and alot seems to contradict itself...lol...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72