Telemetry data for the FC40

There is a way to daisy chain the PMU and Mini IOSD and the Zenmuse boxes, but you may have to use a shoehorn to get it all in there to put back together.

But, if you upgrade the center board with the new one that has Zenmuse, Video Out and PMU, the Mini IOSD can be added with the mod below.

http://www.sarawuth.com/2014/01/dji-pha ... -bus-port/

I believe you would still have to use a video downlink transmitter.

Dalite said:
There is a way to daisy chain the PMU and Mini IOSD and the Zenmuse boxes, but you may have to use a shoehorn to get it all in there to put back together.
you mean it is possible to connect mini iOSD or other CAN-Bus stuffs (I'd like to connect 2.4G BLuetooth Datalink) to phantom FC40 original board?

or I need to buy new P330CB-H3-2D board?
Dalite said:
But, if you upgrade the center board with the new one that has Zenmuse, Video Out and PMU, the Mini IOSD can be added with the mod below.

... and what about the RX with new P330CB-H3-2D board? can I still use the 5.4GHz RX of phantom FC40?

I grabbed a flytrex for mine and its sooo cool. Sure I'd love to see that I'm at XXX feet when I'm flying but I reckon if I did I'd just push it so I could hit 1000ft or similar. Currently I've only ever pushed mine to 650ft which is rather high if I'm honest. I know a lot fly at much higher heights but that was enough for me.

I did some research on the Flytrex system. Very easy to install, less than 2 minutes. The problem seems to be that the information provided is NOT real time information. All of the flight data is stored for later use on a micro sd card to be played back on a pc. I was interested in real time data.

jerrymac12000 said:
All of the flight data is stored for later use on a micro sd card to be played back on a pc. I was interested in real time data.

I'm also looking for something in real-time.

I'm checking whether the mod proposed by sarawuth is fesible for phantom fc40 as well.

antpoli said:
Dalite said:
you mean it is possible to connect mini iOSD or other CAN-Bus stuffs (I'd like to connect 2.4G BLuetooth Datalink) to phantom FC40 original board?

or I need to buy new P330CB-H3-2D board?
Dalite said:

... and what about the RX with new P330CB-H3-2D board? can I still use the 5.4GHz RX of phantom FC40?

Below is what I believe should work, and some verified info based on what I have already done.

If you get the P330-H3-2D board, you have to tap into the board to get a CANBUS output. You dhoukd then be able to add a hub and have expansion capability. If you are not planning to use the Zenmuse, you could add a PMU and plug to it's CANBUS port.

The receiver is separate from the main board. On first inspection, it may appear to be just one board, but once you move some wires out f the way to et. Closer look, you will see it is mounted slightly below the main board.

The PMU and the H3-2D upgrade board are very close in price, so the decision could be based on future Zenmuse addition, or aftermarket Gimbal and going for the standalone PMU.

I have the Flytrex, and it maintains the flight data for review after the flight. The Datalink would be a real time display, but I am not sure it actually saves the info.

FWIW, all this is based on my understanding of how these accessories work together; not actual hands-on experience. I have updated to the H3-2D board, but have not done the wiring hack. I have the Flytrex, but would like to add the datalink in the future for real time info.

Dalite said:
The PMU and the H3-2D upgrade board are very close in price, so the decision could be based on future Zenmuse addition, or aftermarket Gimbal and going for the standalone PMU.

I have the Flytrex, and it maintains the flight data for review after the flight. The Datalink would be a real time display, but I am not sure it actually saves the info.

FWIW, all this is based on my understanding of how these accessories work together; not actual hands-on experience. I have updated to the H3-2D board, but have not done the wiring hack. I have the Flytrex, but would like to add the datalink in the future for real time info.

hi,
for off-line data I'm using my android phone with "geotracker" app. Moreover my understanding is that with Datalink and grond station I can store info as well (many more info than with Flytrex).

At the moment I'm not interested on gimbal so if I can use PMU it's enough for me now, but I see two problems
1) DJI does not sell PMU as stand alone for naza
2) the CANBUS connector is different than the GPS connector in phantom (EXP in naza) so once I have the PMU connected to naza EXP, how can I connect the phantom GPS/compass? Do I need to buy as well the GPS/compass stand alone? Probably it is only a matter of connector and I can use the work-around sarawuth suggested. So if can can give me a referement where to buy PMU stand-alone, I'll test it and let you know

If you can solder and program, you can get all you need from sparkfun.com, hook it up to and Arduino mini and have all the data you want for about $60-100, and weighing only a few grams.

Hmmm, maybe I should make and sell some.

Paul

darwin-t said:
I'm curious about the Maximum Altitude figures at Flytrax. Do the altitudes start at 0 or the altitude of the flight zone?

Here is one that really puzzles me. 3815 feet????

http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-dji-phantom--jim-flyer-29454/

Thanks.

Flytrex records altitude above Sea Level (ASL) at the launch point. Then, it adds ascent altitude to ASL to yield max altitude.

So, if you are 3300 feet ASL on the ground at your launch point, and climb 515 feet, yor max altitude would be 3815 feet.

The Flytrex Core goes in series with the GPS data servo cable, before the NAZA. the NAZA apparently looks at barometric pressure to determine altitude. The GPS determines ASL with the accuracy improved as the number of sats locked in increases.

The Flytrex altitude is apparently determined from the GPS data. If the Phantom is launched prior to getting max sat lock, the starting point could be inaccurate.

darwin-t said:
Dalite said:
The Flytrex altitude is apparently determined from the GPS data. If the Phantom is launched prior to getting max sat lock, the starting point could be inaccurate.

That would explain this:

http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-phantom-fc40-mike-lowi-lowther-29775/

Looks like you were around 70 feet above the launch point.

I haven't uploaded any data for quite a while; I would love to be able to parse it without sending to Flytrex first.

You can download the data to a CSV file from the Flytrex site, then start a database to look at the flight. The data is initially updated every 250 milliseconds.

antpoli said:
Dalite said:

hi,
for off-line data I'm using my android phone with "geotracker" app. Moreover my understanding is that with Datalink and grond station I can store info as well (many more info than with Flytrex).

At the moment I'm not interested on gimbal so if I can use PMU it's enough for me now, but I see two problems
1) DJI does not sell PMU as stand alone for naza
2) the CANBUS connector is different than the GPS connector in phantom (EXP in naza) so once I have the PMU connected to naza EXP, how can I connect the phantom GPS/compass? Do I need to buy as well the GPS/compass stand alone? Probably it is only a matter of connector and I can use the work-around sarawuth suggested. So if can can give me a referement where to buy PMU stand-alone, I'll test it and let you know

This may be a good starting point, but I think you will still need the OSD and Bluetooth

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control ... &A=details

If the link doesn't work, google DJI PMU. I think it takes care of the proper connector concerns.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl