Taller carbon fiber landing gear for the Phantom...

Reaction score
I see a need for longer landing gear on the Phantom. Numerous pilots are posting pictures of their Phantoms with "things" attached to the existing gear to increase the undercarriage area. The carbon camera gimbal I am working on is nearly finished (rotorflyte.com), but I am thinking that a pair of longer carbon fiber landing struts would also be a good item to offer. What do you all of you Phantom pilots think about a set of carbon fiber landing struts with another 1 inch of height...? Is 1 inch enough or would you like more..?

Yes! And they should be easy to remove (maybe just snap into a holder?) so the Phantom can fit in a shallow case for easy transport.

Darrell1 said:
Yes! And they should be easy to remove (maybe just snap into a holder?) so the Phantom can fit in a shallow case for easy transport.

I'll definitely try to add that feature. Perhaps if the gear had a locking joint of some sort... That way they could simply be folded underneath the Phantom during transit.

Veloflyte said:
I'll definitely try to add that feature. Perhaps if the gear had a locking joint of some sort... That way they could simply be folded underneath the Phantom during transit.

That's a better idea! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

longer landing struts to give you better clearance for you gimbal is fine, just remember you will also need to increase the length of the skids. center of gravity will change and tip over may increase. other than that, i am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Yes please. I would love to get in on this on the ground level. Everything I've seen is either make shift or requires some work to get completed. Something more complete that also angles out some to keep out of the wide angle lens would be great. I still keep thinking something that has the spring loaded little nubs like they often use to put together poles. I know that might be a little advanced sine that is something more major in production. Either way I've been looking for something just a little taller and a little more out of the way of the shot. 1" would be enough for me and I think most.
555600_snaplock_poles.jpg

jlcamp7 said:
Yes please. I would love to get in on this on the ground level. Everything I've seen is either make shift or requires some work to get completed. Something more complete that also angles out some to keep out of the wide angle lens would be great. I still keep thinking something that has the spring loaded little nubs like they often use to put together poles. I know that might be a little advanced sine that is something more major in production. Either way I've been looking for something just a little taller and a little more out of the way of the shot. 1" would be enough for me and I think most.
555600_snaplock_poles.jpg

Thanks for the input. I will definitely add those traits to the new landing gear.

I did this , my Phantom wasn't happy and acted very erratically.I'm thinking it was the compass orientation. Anyway I got the leg parts from Simon W over on the Facebook page. Ive since taken them off and went stock. I paid good money for the parts and C/F tube only to not like the result and go back to stock.Your results may vary.

Attachments

• carbon1.JPG
    carbon1.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,484
bonerfortuna said:
Hard to tell from the picture but the compass was aligned just like the OEM version.

I used the same landing gear aligned compass, using angled mount on carbon fibre legs fliys great very happy took her out in 10mph wind very stable

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl