Taking a drone to the Bahamas

Now the bad news, I have my permission letter and after reading here about the duties I asked Mr. Kenny about about the fees and received a letter stating that I would have to pay a refundable deposit upon entry with the drone. Well that's $650.00 that I need for my vacation on Eleuthera so the drone stays home. Guess my carry on will be a cooler of food instead.
Hi!! Also too flying out to the Bahamas this month, I emailed a Mr. Edwards, can you tell me if that is the proper contact to get Authorization? Kind of cutting it close on my travel as I didn't realize the caribbean would be the this strict on drone usage.

Best, Mike

Hi!! Also too flying out to the Bahamas this month, I emailed a Mr. Edwards, can you tell me if that is the proper contact to get Authorization? Kind of cutting it close on my travel as I didn't realize the caribbean would be the this strict on drone usage.

Best, Mike
Yes, Mr. Edwards is the correct contact, make sure you gave him a receipt and serial number. Take cash for the deposit. Have fun, I know I will! What island are you going to?

Thanks ! you too. Leaving Thursday and likely sticking to Nassau was a very last minute jetset.

So I just got back from Atlantis Bahamas and although I did get the proper approval to fly and import, Nobody checked my backpack at customs. Not to say I wasn't lucky. Anyway I had some great flights directly off the little sand bar directly infront of The Cove. I did run into an issue while flying early in the morning as the reflection of the sun on the clear water activated the crash sensors and made me quite nervous for a little because my mavic would not move. Also no bothers from anyone as far as staff.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl