Take off and landing from a steel vessel

Hum, I got a neighbor that ask if I could capture him and his family on their sail boat. I said I'm comfortable with that. Then one day I realized he would probably want to be sailing, not just putting around with motor. Now with this thread, thinking of compass problems, and adding wind, and dodging sails. Guess it would need to be calm day, sails up for show. Starting to sound scary, I'm really not a very good swimmer, and I have never been on a sail boat. :eek:

Rod
Seems to be the only way you would have a chance at that would be to launch from another vessel or nearby land. Something you control and can stabilize for your retrieval. And that has room for you to take off and land without worrying about rigging.

A large model tugboat with a plastic barge can be a take off and landing pad for the phantom copter....may be....

Quite remarkable how much chatter and 2 cents is present in this thread with no answer to the original question... Where's the real forum??? I have a similar question.

Quite remarkable how much chatter and 2 cents is present in this thread with no answer to the original question... Where's the real forum??? I have a similar question.
I would like to add, as the OP, I just decided not to do it.

Reactions: RodPad
Hi There, I have to take off and land on a large supply vessel to film some stuff, it will be constatntly moving and I am sure I will have calibration warning messages during my filming attempts.
I plan to hand launch and retrieve over the side of the vessel, but I have a problem:- When I try to launch the Phantom 4 Prov2 with the calibration error message, it wont launch, even in ATTI mode. IS thre a way around this, given that I have to film on this ship? I need to overcome the inability to take off / power up the drone, but how?

I have noticed that from abridge one can just hold the drone high to get away from the magnetic field but when u r by railings or on a large steel surface, no chance to avoid calibration error messages and no possibility to power up?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart