Table Rock Dam, near Branson MO

Reaction score
Here's my first 'published' video, a 5 min flight below Table Rock Dam. I flew from the top earlier in the day, and decided a video from the bottom would look more interesting. But the wind was quite a bit stronger later in the day, and there was a good bit of wobbling as I got up above the level of the top. Still, it was a neat location.

http://youtu.be/8vFLiCgDW4Q

Of course, with all the talk around here of flyaways and battery failure, this was a site where recovering the Phantom would be almost certainly impossible if something went wrong. But frankly, you can't get video like this without any risk at all, and getting video like this is why I got the Phantom.

Nice video. Did you run it through the YouTube stabilizer? It looks rock solid most of the time.

MikeB said:
Yea, I let YouTube run their stabilization on it.

That came out much better than YouTube stabilization usually does. Nice vid...

-slinger

I'm surprised you flew it as close as you did near those power lines. I always though there was the chance for power line interference.

Looks good. I would love to fly near our Dam, but it is a national critical infrastructure and my phantom would last about 3 minutes before being met with .223 rounds. Bummer because it really would make great video.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl