Super Moon on Monday

Reaction score
On Monday (11/4) the moon will be closer to the Earth than it will be for the next 68 years. It will appear 15% larger than normal.

If you want to shoot it, here a few tips:

1. Get it when it's close to the horizon so you can include some landmarks. This will give it some perspective and it will appear larger.

2. Try to get it before it's completely dark so you can get an exposure that captures detail in both the moon and the earth.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Also, if you want to figure out exactly where it's going to rise in your location, there are apps like the Photographer's Ephemeris that let you figure that out in advance so you can plan your shot out.

Lastly, take some time to enjoy the event!

On Monday (11/4) the moon will be closer to the Earth than it will be for the next 68 years. It will appear 15% larger than normal.
1. Get it when it's close to the horizon so you can include some landmarks. This will give it some perspective and it will appear larger.
2. Try to get it before it's completely dark so you can get an exposure that captures detail in both the moon and the earth.
3. Don't waste your time with your Phantom.
It's about the worst camera you could use to shoot the moon.
Get an SLR and a telephoto lens if you want any decent results.
Full Moon

Reactions: Kima kim

On Monday (11/4) ???

Reactions: rebelyellNC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164