Sudden zero GPS Satellite glitch

Reaction score
As can be seen from the video, there is a sudden satellite glitch as soon as the drone comes down. Zero satellite and need compass calibration. The error goes away after compass calibration. However after I put in a new battery the problem happens again. Compass calibration does not help. I switch off the uav, wifi extender, transmitter and kill the app. Still no good then after 3-5 trial eventually it sorted it self out.

dji firmware 3.06 (last software update done in middle of January 2015)
fpv booster app (latest version)

I tried switching to DJI Vision app but it does not make any difference.

I just noticed that the flight time on the screen got reset when it fly back. I flew a 10mins journey and it is only showing 1.4mins. The onboard video recording was cut about 1.5 before it landed.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0TGP_ualdU[/youtube]

unclebob said:
As can be seen from the video, there is a sudden satellite glitch as soon as the drone comes down. Zero satellite and need compass calibration. The error goes away after compass calibration. However after I put in a new battery the problem happens again. Compass calibration does not help. I switch off the uav, wifi extender, transmitter and kill the app. Still no good then after 3-5 trial eventually it sorted it self out.

I just noticed that the flight time on the screen got reset when it fly back. I flew a 10mins journey and it is only showing 1.4mins. The onboard video recording was cut about 1.5 before it landed.

It appears that your trying fly a concrete seawall which more then likely contains rebar causing compass and satellite problems. Suggestion find a better locations to fly from then that concrete walkway.

jason said:
unclebob said:

It appears that your trying fly a concrete seawall which more then likely contains rebar causing compass and satellite problems. Suggestion find a better locations to fly from then that concrete walkway.

+1 a classic kind of place that would cause strange issues like this...

I was worried something was loose inside. That makes sense. Now I won't have to worry about losing GPS during flight.

Thanks for help.

unclebob said:
I was worried something was loose inside. That makes sense. Now I won't have to worry about losing GPS during flight.

Thanks for help.

If the same thing happens at a different location and you're not on concrete w/rebar then I would open the shell and check the GPS connection to the main board.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl