Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Strange "static" noise coming from gimbal

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by MadMitch88, Aug 25, 2014.

1. MadMitch88

I left the plastic gimbal lock on by mistake and powered up my Vision+. I heard it crunching away for about 15 seconds before I realized what I did, powered off and then removed the lock.

Now I hear this faint "static" noise coming from the gimbal when the Vision is powered on. I'm not sure if I heard this noise when I got my new Vision+ a couple days ago, so now I'm concerned I damaged my gimbal :|

However, I'm getting full range of camera tilt using the Vision app. I pitch and roll the Phantom and the gimbal tracks like it's supposed to. I'm just perplexed by that static noise.

What y'all think?

2. Codacious

Mine does that sometimes, I've never left the plastic lock on it. I haven't had any problems or anything either. The only time I have noticed it was when I was in the house and was hooking it up to the computer. It could be making the same sound outside but I just don't notice.

3. MadMitch88

OK cool.

I could swear I didnt hear that noise when I unboxed the Vision+ and powered it on the first couple times, but maybe it's been there all along. I wish DJI would make mention that this noise is normal in the User Manual. Probably causes a lot of anxiety in new Phantom owners!

:shock:

4. smokiespliff

Yeah it creeped me out too the first time I switched it on. It's normal I think.