strange accident with P3P

Spin all the motors by hand and see if one of them feels tighter then the others. If one of the motors failed then it would drop like a rock.

Through a prop..... I have an awesome video of crash.....i was certain a neighbor finaly got a lucky shot with 12 gadge..... Nope... Cruising....nothing virgurus.... Turned on a little heat.... Air breaks....good buy self tighning prop....hello my 3rd time crash rebuild

QUOTE="carlos restrepo, post: 1274121, member: 81528"]I had an accident while a normal flight with my P3P.

Suddenly, while flying towards my position at an steady altitude and speed, I lost signal and a friend just saw it flying straight down to the ground.

Here´s the data:

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Any thoughts ?[/QUOTE]
M
What a great name for a new product - Dji Kamikazee. Maybe not even new - I've heard they have military versions of their drones.
Omg....they had they swarm drones on national news...200 little drones autonomsy forming like bees...fun....

Spin all the motors by hand and see if one of them feels tighter then the others. If one of the motors failed then it would drop like a rock.
I noticed a distinct sound as if cross wind maybe mistaking for a struggling motor

Nothing was near the P3P. I thought about it but the P3P had no signs of blood at least

the last image that I had from the flight is the one below..... as you can see, no data connection and was flying 76 km/h (around 47 MpH) straight down
I love litchi! It was flying straight down like a meteor trying to compensate.... Landing. And when maybe a building blocks gail force winds....but the tail wind trys to yank u into a forced invertion..... Early in some experiments with mounted emp generaters.. Wich i found to be unpredictable and targeting is random at best.... I will say it will stop all rotors on my bird..just as i am trying to engadge a bogie...it proved to be a last ditch martyrdom threat deterrent..

My P3P did a Kamikazee act the other day from 53 meters. I mean it did not fall out of the sky. It powered down dead level at full throttle where it hit the ground all four feet first, then bounced up about six feet and landed on its back. Damage, one prop and a totalled gimbal unit.

The Log is attached
At line 317 the machine is climbing hard and reached 58 meters. All data then freezes, the video stopped recording, it will not respond to the controller. All I can see is a bad battery cell # 3 is down by 887mv compared to cell #4 . The battery started at 16.8 volts and got down to 14.5 at line 317. So its a bad battery which will not go in the machine again, BUT why did it not request to land as in critical battery condition, Instead of flying full bore dead level down to ground?

Would appreciate any opinion.

Attachments

• Flight Record.zip
    49.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Flight Record.zip
    49.6 KB · Views: 116
The most comprehensive logs are DAT files from the done internal SD-card. Check if you can get access to these.

'Disconnected' does not mean the signal was lost. What is lost is video only.
You had only 8 satellites at that point, maybe even less for some time.
Normally switching to ATTI would help but in this case you can not fly without the video.
Did the compass picture work normally? Did you have the altitude and the speed data at that time? If no high obstacles around you can even get it home without the video. The alternative would be to activate RTH if you set it properly before takeoff.
Maybe it really lost the signal and it switched to RTH mode but the high wasn't set up properly. Or it switched to ATTI and you accidentally push the left stick down. Maybe you even stop the motors by that way. All this would be the pilot error. If not, you should have the data evidence and show it to the DJI, which means to synch the FL to DJI.

Best regards
Andy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164