Sooth Aerial DEMO REEL #1 (Colorado)

Reaction score
Hi Everybody! This is my first post.

I anxiously awaited the delivery of my DSLRPros cinema-edition Phantom/GoPro rig for 7 weeks, and practiced every day with a Syma X1 during that time. When the Phantom finally arrived, I was ready! I was able to go straight out and confidently capture various footage around town on the first two days, so these are my first shots out of the box! I edited with Magix Video Pro X6 on the third day, and then I composed a custom soundtrack to go with the edited video (to make the mundane seem more inspiring). I guess this demo reel officially qualifies me as a film maker, producer, video editor and film composer. I plan to promote my original music soundtracks for ANYONE to freely use in their own video productions under the Creative Commons Attribution license.

I have not done any post-production image stabilization on this version; a 1080p playback option is available, as well as theater-quality sound (ok, as good as a 192k stream allows). It only gets better from here!! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgwLZ2cDdvI

I did discover that my blades were out of balance, which probably accounts for most of the instability in the videos where there is any. I didn't realize that a professionally-upgraded Phantom would still arrive without the blades being balanced. But that's good news because it means the Zenmuse H2-3D gimbal together with perfectly balanced blades should result in rock-solid video.

Well, instead of learning how to balance blades and spending time doing that just yet, I opted to purchase the expensive, but perfectly balanced anti-gravity carbon blade upgrades... I expect to see an improvement both in the performance of the Phantom and the resulting videos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94