Sometimes old tech is the right tech

Reaction score
I do construction inspections, (primarily Site management & Underground chamber installations) One of the sites I have is located in the flight path of an local airport. I checked "Airmaps" and used the Laanc system to get authorization, but the geofencing in the Dji app still would not let me take off. Had to go back home, break out the old Phantom 2 with the Gopro Hero 3+ to get the job done. I had been thinking of selling the 2, but after today it earn a spot in the squadron as the standby alert copter. I think I will take it with me each time for now on, especially when doing flights in and near controlled airspace. Dji and the LAANC system need to get on the same page with its authorization protocol. lucky I was only 15 min from home, so no big deal, but if I was hours away it would have been a waste of time and money.
millie 6.jpg

Last edited:
I do construction inspections, (primarily Site management & Underground chamber installations) One of the sites I have is located in the flight path of an local airport. I checked "Airmaps" and used the Laanc system to get authorization, but the geofencing in the Dji app still would not let me take off. Had to go back home, break out the old Phantom 2 with the Gopro Hero 3+ to get the job done. I had been thinking of selling the 2, but after today it earn a spot in the squadron as the standby alert copter. I think I will take it with me each time for now on, especially when doing flights in and near controlled airspace. Dji and the LAANC system need to get on the same page with its authorization protocol. lucky I was only 15 min from home, so no big deal, but if I was hours away it would have been a waste of time and money.View attachment 114511
If it's a a need because of DJI screwup, put foil on top of your drone and it will fly in atti.?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka