Some kind of huge chicks in a nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Their mother was patrolling nearby, didn't attack the Phantom though. These chicks were trained well, hardly moved at all.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zafk0FePEQ[/youtube]

So you felt it necessary to get close enough that the wash from your props was ruffling the chicks feathers. Way to go. Maybe next time you can find a heard of wild animals and chase them across a field.

U.M.

I'm gonna find a field of cows and chase them when summer comes. Oughta make some good footage.

CoolDude said:
Their mother was patrolling nearby, didn't attack the Phantom though. These chicks were trained well, hardly moved at all.

Not so cool dude :(

CoolDude said:

Why is it I feel the next post is going to come from Cartman saying "A DRONE! Your Dad has an f'ing DRONE!"

Attachments

• south-park.jpg
    south-park.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 610
I hope to god that this is just a sick joke. Birds can scare very easily from their nests. If the parents left those chicks will be dead by now. Also they look remarkably like kites... Highly endangered. Have reported the video on You Tube. Cool Dude, if you have any regard as to what you are doing you need to stop flying so recklessly, else you will end up with a heavy fine or even a sentence of some sort. (especially for harassing kites, if they are)

Birds of Prey - Laws and Policies (summary)

It is illegal to harm, trap, kill or harass raptors, according to federal and state laws. However, certain Commission rules allow for the take of raptors for falconry with the proper permit.

Raptors are protected by the federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act, which makes it illegal to kill, trap, possess, trade, sell or harm them.

Raptors are also protected by the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act, the Lacey Act, the Airborne Hunting Act, and the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Flora and Fauna.

The babies could have gotten scared and fell out of the nest to their death. Anyone that does needless stuff like this needs to be ***** slapped. Leave nature alone.

Not sure if they are protected where he lives. His YouTube profile has some clues to his whereabouts...Lisää videoon viesti.

I thought they were osprey chicks and its a too early in the year for nesting !.Might have been filmed last summer .
Anyhow if you got caught doing this where i live you could expect a massive fine .

I expected this to start a **** storm of some sort. Well whatever, the **** birds weren't harmed. I didn't even know if something was in the stupid nest, which is why I let the Phantom loose. I wanted to take a peek, like maybe find some eggs there or somethin'. Through the low resolution FPV view I couldn't even make out the chicks, they have an awesome coloring and they blend into the nest. And as they didn't even move, I couldn't make out anything in there. Only later at home when I watched the video, I realized it was indeed populated. No idea what birds they were. It wasn't a national park area or anything either.

CoolDude said:
I expected this to start a **** storm of some sort.
And you hit the post button anyway. Good thinking.

johan said:
CoolDude said:
I expected this to start a **** storm of some sort.
And you hit the post button anyway. Good thinking.

Well, it's a pretty unique video? That's what this forum is for, sharing videos. Enjoy it and don't whine.

Monte55 said:
It was a good video but you said you saw Mom protecting the nest. What part of that did you not get?

It wasn't even a good video.
I felt motion sickness setting in at the halfway point, and was so dizzy by the end that I almost fell out of my chair when I attempted to stand. Spinning around a focal point does not make one a videographer.

I did like seeing the baby birds although I didn't like them being disturbed. A few years back, some hawks had made a nest in one of my tall trees. I have a Sony cam with 25 power optical zoom. I had to do everything from the ground but got some good footage. Dad bringing in a mouse, babies flopping around the nest. I was amazed how good the parents were. Mom was being attacked by a Bluejay but would not leave the nest. Once the babies were big enough, she couldn't even fit into the nest. She was such a good mom. At times when I was on the ground with camera on tripod, Dad would dive bomb me to try and scare me away. At no time did I ever invade their space. Anyone interested in seeing it...I can provide the youtube link. I went out every day for about a month to video them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl