So tired of dealing with China

Reaction score
shipping times, language barriers...
just so annoying.

I would gladly pay extra for the same thing if its shipped from the US, just to bypass the headache.
What about you guys?

ebay, filtered by "location in u.s."

yesterday i received my stickers, first item of my "full phantom package" which i bought last week (phantom 2, gimbal, gopro hero3+, avl58, flytrex, black pearl monitor, extra set of props) and i expect all items arriving next week :)

:)

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 590
I guess I just got lucky, I bought some p2 props for my fc40 and they just came in today. I placed the order on july 12th and it shipped to the states in only 5 days! It was expected to get here August 6th. :shock: now I'm just waiting on my new phantom.

so... don't order from China? pretty straightforward if my item isn't time sensitive and/or significantly cheaper from a chinese site I'll buy from there and wait. If I want my item more quickly and it's not cost prohibitive then I'll order domestic.

are we talking about just Phantoms and parts here or everything in general?

I honestly can't remember the last time I had to order something from China, the number of US dealers selling multirotor gear is still growing and I've been able to find everything I need right here for quite a while, and usually within a consistent list of no more that 5-6 vendors.

dragonash said:
just so annoying.

I would gladly pay extra for the same thing if its shipped from the US, just to bypass the headache.
What about you guys?

I have no problem dealing with China in it self. Buying LiPos is a no go since delivery times rival only that of a certain gimbal brand, but that is no fault of Chinas, but of the restriction of not being able to ship via air. I also have to pay 25% VAT which in it self is no problem, but the carrier charges 4% extra, or equivalent of $29 to collect the VAT, regardless of actual value of the product (if the value including freight exceeds $15). There are item I can only get from China or Hongkong (e.g. FrSky Taranis from Hobbyking). Otherwise I buy from european sellers, or to buy an all american 3D printer, from Solidoodle, Brooklyn USA. To sum up, its not China in it self, it the bureaucracy around it that kills the experience.

As to the all american worker: Have a look at your all american Apple iPhone... It's made in China.

DKDarkness said:
As to the all american worker: Have a look at your all american Apple iPhone... It's made in China.

take a look at your ANYTHING it was probably made in china

Me too.
Fake tracking numbers
Defective electronics
Impossible to return
I will pay more to order from an American seller even if it is the excact same item. If it is defective I can return it and get a refund.

That's not the point. Too much is made out of the country I guess because of things like this. If, as an American, you can't support your own country...who will. Just because we have to import things doesn't mean American workers can't get a piece of it. So many love their country until it comes to your wallet. The reason we are in this state today is because of people years ago trying to save a buck and not buying American made. I remember back in the 70s guys would have bumper stickers saying BUY A FOREIGN CAR AND PUT 10 AMERICANS OUT OF WORK....but at the same time they were buying Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, and many other non American brands. We did this to ourselves and continue to support it as we complain. There may be a day when we are on phone support and we can't understand them well...because they speak English..

chapsrlz said:
[/attachment]

yes, I've been doing that a lot lately!

Im currently dealing with returning a gimbal to banggood. They dont know where it is and come next week, I'm going to push ebay to get me a full refund. I have all the chats logged under the ebay messaging system.

So **** annoying.

And for those emo'ing about taking work away from americans, you might want to take a look at where you phantoms are from :roll:

Besides, when it comes to gimbals, you barely have a choice. Especially when certain ones are almost always out of stock in the US

If I can at all help it, I won't buy direct from China. I can even buy almost all DJI products reasonably locally in an insignificant little country like Scotland. Had the option to buy from many e-retailers but for something as valuable as a PV+, if anything goes wrong with it, I drive it down the road and my local dealer handles the support headache for me.

wattage said:
If I can at all help it, I won't buy direct from China. I can even buy almost all DJI products reasonably locally in an insignificant little country like Scotland. Had the option to buy from many e-retailers but for something as valuable as a PV+, if anything goes wrong with it, I drive it down the road and my local dealer handles the support headache for me.

and whats the price difference?

for example in méxico a p2 v+ (single battery) costs between $1,600 and $1,900 us dollars :eek:

chapsrlz said:

yesterday i received my stickers, first item of my "full phantom package" which i bought last week (phantom 2, gimbal, gopro hero3+, avl58, flytrex, black pearl monitor, extra set of props) and i expect all items arriving next week :)

Same thing.
Ebay filtered US only.
Seller's website in NY, USA.
American flag overlay on the picture of items I ordered.(Boscam).
22 days later I receive them from you know where :x

syotr said:
Me too.
Fake tracking numbers
Defective electronics
Impossible to return
I will pay more to order from an American seller even if it is the excact same item. If it is defective I can return it and get a refund.

Nothing new. You seem willing to pay for insurance that is not required

dragonash said:
just so annoying.

Easiest way to deal with China is for the USA to start dropping 100-megaton nukes on their 10 biggest cities. Straighten them right up, I say.

But seriously --- anyone dealt with Alibaba vendors? I've been tempted to buy stuff from Alibaba but I've been frustrated by communication problems and many of them only accept Western Union for payment and those fees are killer!

:roll:

Foxtech FPV - http://www.foxtechfpv.com/

Used them loads of times.... very reliable and very heplful

China to the UK or USA in 3/4 days with full DHL tracking supplied - BOOM !! :D

yali said:
syotr said:
Me too.
Fake tracking numbers
Defective electronics
Impossible to return

Nothing new. You seem willing to pay for insurance that is not required

I have had three defective FPV items. Tried to return two of them. Post office would not let me mail electronics to China. Vendor said to declare them as a toy. Paid to ship them back but they never arrived and I never got a refund. Had i bought from an American company I would have been able to return for a refund. That insurance is worth it to me.

Ok, i done it. I just ordered my Black pearl monitor at www.online-drone.com and they already sent it for 199$ including shipping. What a deal! I was looking already at the tracking number that they sent me and i should receive it by tuesday by fedex

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl