So it looks like my servo controlling camera tilt is done.

Reaction score
I was flying today and had camera tilt control issues. from the looks of it the servo gear is stripped, i can move the camera very freely up and down. anyone know of any ways to fix this with either a replacement gear or servo?

Thanks in advance

Re: So it looks like my servo controlling camera tilt is don

If it's still under warranty you may want to send it off for repair. I just bought a replacement camera which came with the servo but that was expensive and only because I lost my first one.

Geo

did you check to see if the screw came out of the control horn? seems suprising that the gears would strip given that its a metal gear servo.

Update, the camera servo works fine in flight, i can control tilt as normal. I think what freaked me out was i happened to nudge the camera while moving the phantom from one spot to another and it kind of moved freely with a notchiness to it. But, like i said it flies fine. Do i have to remove something to find that screw and check it, i dont see it anywhere

mlpruitt405 said:
Update, the camera servo works fine in flight, i can control tilt as normal. I think what freaked me out was i happened to nudge the camera while moving the phantom from one spot to another and it kind of moved freely with a notchiness to it. But, like i said it flies fine. Do i have to remove something to find that screw and check it, i dont see it anywhere
Use a paperclip or the tip of a pen knife to pop off the small white rubber cover on the the camera 'horn' or arm, the screw is under that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl