Simulator for Phantom 2 Vision+

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what I need to get to run a simulation on my new machine before I actually take it outside to fly? There is very little and confusing information on the web about what is available for this, especially using the included transmitter.
Thanks, and I know little about drone flying, although I am a private pilot, which really doesn't help much it seems!

There isn't much out there. There is one or two computer simulations that have multicopters but you can't use the Phantom controller. Some people will recommend buying a smaller, cheaper quad to train on.
The good news is that the Phantom is very easy to fly.
Easier than anything they will recommend and easier than you imagine.
Take your hands off the controller and it's like hitting a pause button.
Best thing to do is read the manual and go flying in an open area away from trees or buildings.

I had the same fear as you did about my first flight so here is what I did:
Went to big open field and started the rotors turning.
Gave just enough power to raise Phantom to about 8 feet and let go of throttle - copter stayed where it was.
Practiced moving left/right/front/back a little each time.
Practiced rotating copter around it's axis.
Flew 50 feet away to the front and back then to the side and back - all of this at about 8 feet.
Then slowly decreased power until I landed.
Do this a couple of times and you will get the "feel" for it - as a previous poster said - this thing flys beautifully and it doesn't take long to get the feel for it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl