Signs of a bad camera.

Reaction score
Hey gang,
I have had my Vision for well over a year now. There have been a few issues along the way but nothing that I couldn't work through with all of your help (for the most part). I really still love my Vision - especially with the rotorpixel on board.

That being said - I am now faced with what I believe is a camera gone bad. Over the last month or so I have slowly- intermittently began to get the dreaded black screen on my phone (no FPV), with only telemetry reporting in. As of today, it now appears that no matter what I try, the camera will no longer produce FPV and I am now getting phantom network errors when I try to take pictures. I have read quite a few folks losing their FPV but not much for resolution beyond replacing the FC200.
I have a friend that recently purchased a V+, so I tried his RE700 just in case I had a bad extender - same results either way so I believe my RE500 is good. Have also checked and re-checked all camera connections.

My question is... has anyone else had similar problems that can chime in with their solution. If its a simple (and expensive) camera replacement, I would love to hear it.Are there any other components that can go bad to affect the camera adversely? Any recommendations would be appreciated. :)

You may want to remove the camera and take it apart to clean it out

My guess it's dusty inside and the fan is unable to move enough air to cool it down

Rather than take it apart, it might be easier to get a can of air and blow the crap out if it is dirty.

It's all so bizarre. I did a total disassemble of the camera today and cleaned all major contacts. Also took the compressor to it and blew it out very well. The result was a camera that works...more often than before and it no longer produces network errors. If it doesn't produce FPV at first, I toggle the camera WiFi on and off via the physical switch on the cam and it will usually come back on.
Everything inside looked extremely clean when opened up... but these internal contacts must be the key to my problem. At least it's working again. :roll:

You might want to take some contact cleaner to the switch and see if that helps

the other day I was doing a some modification to the tilt motor on the camera mount after putting it all back together the light on the back of the camera itself quit working. I took it apart cleaned it and plugged it back up without the cover still no light or fan running. began pushing on part of the circuit boards and the fan went to working and sometimes the light will come on. actually had it rigged well enough to get FPV on my phone while at the workbench but at test flight nothing. what in the world have I done to this I don't want to buy a third FC200 (the first one got bushwacked by a water tower) if I don't have to. Anyone know if they sell invidual circuit board or will work on the fc200?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka