Should there be a fan here?

Reaction score
20160911_103948.jpg

I've seen other gimbals/cameras for sale with a fan here, my brothers P3A has a fan here but mine does not, is it possible it was lost when I crashed recently, wasn't a bad one just the large ribbon cable and the anti vibration board were broken, theres no witness marks from any screw threads in any of the 4 mountings (if that's what they are), and what's it connected to, I have no loose wires visible, just curious

I've seen other gimbals/cameras for sale with a fan here, my brothers P3A has a fan here but mine does not, is it possible it was lost when I crashed recently,
If you have seen an Advanced with a fan, it's unusual.
Most do not.
The Pro has a fan which is needed to cool things down when processing 4K video.
The lack of screw holes is confirmation that you never had one.

As @Meta4 said, P3A doesn't use a fan there! Only way you could have seen some is if the gimbal/camera have been exchanged with a P3P one

Sorry my bad panic over, stand down everybody, just asked him and he hasn't got a fan either but I fully understood what you both said above about the pro needing one due to 4K, he helped me fix mine and we used his for a guide as to where to route the ribbon cable, if it wasn't for that we wouldn't of pushed the cable through the slot in the anti vibe board, when checking his I could of sworn he had a fan, guess not! I must of been getting confused when looking around the net pricing cameras and gimbals up in case my set up was FUBAR and was looking at upgrading to a 4K set up, thanks for your help anyway guys, much appreciated

I picked up my new P3A the other day from a JBHIFI store here in Melbourne, Australia.
I didn't think anything of it - but I don't have a fan on the heat sink.
There is a fan somewhere though, as I noticed when I turn the drone on and leave it on for a while (10 minutes or more) without flying it, I can hear a fan blasting away somewhere.
I also noticed the height sensor (ultra sonic?) got pretty warm when the aircraft was just sitting there. Is that normal?

Is it possible to get a fan and install it on the gimbal if my P3A didn't get one?

Thanks!
Hunt

I picked up my new P3A the other day from a JBHIFI store here in Melbourne, Australia.
There is a fan somewhere though, as I noticed when I turn the drone on and leave it on for a while (10 minutes or more) without flying it, I can hear a fan blasting away somewhere.
I also noticed the height sensor (ultra sonic?) got pretty warm when the aircraft was just sitting there. Is that normal?

Is it possible to get a fan and install it on the gimbal if my P3A didn't get one?

Thanks!
Hunt
Your probably hearing your VPS fan

Thanks!
Hunt

Yes

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yes to which part? Installing a fan? Do you know the part number?

Sent from my SM-N930F using PhantomPilots mobile app
There is no spare parts of fan you can buy,try to search this group crashed P3P

Then solder the postive and negative inside gimbal controller board

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 307
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 323

Recent Posts

Members online