Should I update?

Yeah, I almost forgot how furious I was when the app told me it won't work until I update in the middle of a field.

And those animated commercials at start.. especially when the app crashes during flight and you want to restart it ASAP.

In general, I keep devices updated: my PC, my router, my phone mostly too (though I never use automatic updates).
But for the drones - no. That's an exception. Here I never had an update after which I told to myself "yeah, this one helped me". Not even once I've noticed any positive change. I believe they do add fixes sometimes, but somehow they never affect me. But the spyware, forced updates, commercials and new bugs - they do affect me.

I am considering switching to some modded version of Dji Go. These often have all the irritations removed. Though it is a software change too, so I'm waiting for a moment when I can test it without pressure.

For the Go app, I use v3.1.1. I couldn't be happier. I never looked back. No more surprise screens blocking me from launching my Inspire. Those days are gone forever. FW is v1.8.1 and the RC FW is v1.6. Again, couldn't be happier. Rock-solid reliable with all the "features" I need.

Excellent I know the feeling.

I recently did latest update to my P4P + all works ok on DJI Go4 (both ipad and iphone)
I have a P4P controller for Litchi missions using iphone ang ipad
Litchi connects to P4P + and works on the ipad ios 11.2.6 (not updated) Litchi missions work fine and will not connect to iphone 7s ios 11.3 (updated) Litchi Version 2.1.4.
Me things problem has to be the update on iphone ?
Mostly use Litchi way point missions to video farms so will not update ipad until iphone is sorted.

Thanks

I don't allow iOS to update on either of my iPads (Air 1 and Air Pro). I couldn't be happier. I've explored stepping back the iOS's, but they seem to be working stuck on v11.2.2 on the Air 1 and v11.1 on the Pro. If it ain't broke....

The only bit of wisdom I would add to that is based on numerous outings where I relied on various equipment to be fully operational and ready to go, only to get to my destination (sometimes hours from home) and then discover that something wasn't functioning, or missing entirely. My takeaway is, always verify that you have everything you need and it's functioning properly BEFORE you have to depend on it.

Agreed.

I have a question but first;
I've recently purchased another P3P without the RC and it has FW. 1.9.6 on it. I linked up it with my older GL 300A FW. 1.3.2 and now I get a notification that I need to "update my RC. I would like to stay with something that's compatible with the firmware on the AC.
Is there a way to update my remote to FW 1.8.6?

I have a question but first;
I've recently purchased another P3P without the RC and it has FW. 1.9.6 on it. I linked up it with my older GL 300A FW. 1.3.2 and now I get a notification that I need to "update my RC. I would like to stay with something that's compatible with the firmware on the AC.
Is there a way to update my remote to FW 1.8.6?
if you have two ACs and one RC, at first you need to have the firmware of the ACs to be the same, or at least very close to each other and then you can think about what to do with RC

Ok, let me ask this. How do I upgrade my older P3P version AC 1.4.1 to 1.9.6 without having to use the DJI GO App which wants to load the latest FW. version.
I got an older version FW 1.9.6 from the Phantom Help archive site to load in.

Thanks,

Jeff.

Some people experience problems with updates while others don't. If your current firmware is giving u a problem, do the update and that doesn't work, try u installing the app and reinstalling it

Thanks epic, for some strange reason I'm getting a black video screen on my Android with the Litchi app and also on my IPad with Litchi and the DJI GO Apps even though it does capture video and pics onto my SD card. I know this after removing the SD and checking on my pc.

for some strange reason I'm getting a black video screen
most probably it's because of AC <-> RC firmware incompatibility

How do I upgrade my older P3P version AC 1.4.1 to 1.9.6 without having to use the DJI GO App which wants to load the latest FW. version
so you want to use Litchi only, right?
then do a firmware upgrade of your AC through SD card

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT