"Sexiest Photography" from any Aerial Platform.

Sunset city.jpg
Sunset in North Phoenix, Arizona

How did you get those colors to be so vivid and pop? Did you use ND filters or is it all in the editing? They don't look like raw pictures.
That's the overdone HDR look, which is more of an artistic effect than an accurate reproduction of the subject. It's one way of processing an HDR series of images. :cool:

That's the overdone HDR look, which is more of an artistic effect than an accurate reproduction of the subject. It's one way of processing an HDR series of images. :cool:
Yeah, sometimes it can look cool.. Sometimes it just looks ridiculous..

Agreed. I try to use it sparingly but often i use it just to correct issues like a backlit subject since I have no flash or flood lights to use.

Sometimes I like to use it in a dramatic fashion. Other times I may use it to intentionally NOT be just another WYSIWYG photo. I like to balance both the natural "raw" and "processed" pix.

Can't tell you how many times I've taken a so/so sunset/sunrise photo and turned it into a purchased and mounted print with some creative post processing.

Oh, and another reason. I often see people drop their shutter speed to let more light come into a sunset (for example) and introduce blur. They could have shot it bracketed, kept the speed up then used HDR in one of its more "natural" modes to fill in the shadow areas without any "overdone" look.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The bracketed exposures should cover you to open up the shadows in the foreground or recover blown hightlights in the sky in an extremely contrasty shot, as needed, in LR, without necessarily resorting to HDR software, which tends to overdo it. Fortunately, the new P4P will natively give us 2-3 more stops more of dynamic range in a single DNG file, which will cover the 5 image AEB using +/- .7 stops intervals, currently required on the P3 and P4.:cool:

The bracketed exposures should cover you to open up the shadows in the foreground or recover blown hightlights in the sky in an extremely contrasty shot, as needed, in LR, without necessarily resorting to HDR software, which tends to overdo it. Fortunately, the new P4P will natively give us 2-3 more stops more of dynamic range in a single DNG file, which will cover the 5 image AEB using +/- .7 stops intervals, currently required on the P3 and P4.:cool:

The bracketed shots can be combined in whatever, "HDR software" almost always includes just simple bracketed photo combination with aberration removal.

I'm annoyed at the inability to set the bracket values in the Go app and hope they upgrade those to user configurable settings.

That being said, I'm sure we can agree there is no exactly one right or wrong way to use any creative tool, something's are useful to someone one way and ugly to another in the same. Some want things to look flat and real-life realistic and stop there. I often do. Sometimes your audience or client wants it to be "overdone" or sometimes it has a "cool" factor to exploit. I am just glad that we have these options, usually when I show my work to client, it's perfectly white Balanced and the temp is spot on, properly exposed and shadows/highlights babanced... and almost always they say, "can you make it more... vibrant" ... sigh... you do whatcha gotta.

The bracketed shots can be combined in whatever, "HDR software" almost always includes just simple bracketed photo combination with aberration removal.

I'm annoyed at the inability to set the bracket values in the Go app and hope they upgrade those to user configurable settings.

That being said, I'm sure we can agree there is no exactly one right or wrong way to use any creative tool, something's are useful to someone one way and ugly to another in the same. Some want things to look flat and real-life realistic and stop there. I often do. Sometimes your audience or client wants it to be "overdone" or sometimes it has a "cool" factor to exploit. I am just glad that we have these options, usually when I show my work to client, it's perfectly white Balanced and the temp is spot on, properly exposed and shadows/highlights babanced... and almost always they say, "can you make it more... infant"

Yes, the .7 stop interval for AEB is way to small, when you are limited to just 5 shots. A single DNG already gives a 2 stop range of recovery on either side. The AEB should therefore be in 2 stop increments, not .7 /stops, and then only 3 DNG images would cover almost every scene, at 0 EV, +2 EV, and -2 EV. As it is currently, you have to shoot 5 shots in AEB to just get +1.4 EV and -1.4 EV, throwing away the .7 -and -.7 wasted shots in the middle, and you still don't have a full 2 stop image on either side. It takes 30 seconds just to process 5 DNG images. If you could cut that to 3 at 2 stop increments, you would cut that to 18 seconds, and almost double your shots! The new P4P should significantly help with that, as the extra dynamic range is built into the sensor!

As always, how you choose to render your images is an artistic choice, that is yours alone to decide. You don't have to please anyone other than yourself, or your client, if someone else is paying for the results.:cool:

I am mostly excited to see how ISO 3200 looks. Most of what I shoot is in low light. I'm used to a usable 12800 on my Nikon D500, being limited to 1600 has been annoying, just fortunate that the stabilization is so good

If you shoot in manual on the P4P, you'll be pleased to know that still photography ISO has been increased from 1600 to 12800 just like on your D500! That is HUGE! :D It's only in Auto that it is limited to 3200.

If you shoot in manual on the P4P, you'll be pleased to know that still photography ISO has been increased from 1600 to 12800 just like on your D500! That is HUGE! :D It's only in Auto that it is limited to 3200.

I get 100-51200 on my D500 and 100-25600 on my D7200
But! Quality at High ISO is separate from just having those values to pick. Thankfully we're on a larger sensor so I have a good feeling.

I'm waiting for someone to offer the P4P with extra battery for 1499 before I pounce. Plus gotta add DJI Refresh.

I get 100-51200 on my D500 and 100-25600 on my D7200
But! Quality at High ISO is separate from just having those values to pick. Thankfully we're on a larger sensor so I have a good feeling.

I'm waiting for someone to offer the P4P with extra battery for 1499 before I pounce. Plus gotta add DJI Refresh.

Life is best in the middle! Stay away from the extremes! ;)

I'm waiting for DJI to decide to ship my P4P+. Maybe I can trade in some brand new unused P4 batteries towards P4P batteries at a local drone shop! They should help add flight time in my P4!

49fca9413c2a794826537813a852fd9f.jpg
58fdccd624fd79b6c11eb5628b3c170f.jpg

Took a few pics of us pumping concrete on the new Vietnam Memorial wall !! First shot was just vivid setting, second shot was HDR.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Puget Sound has some great bays and inlets that are best viewed from above. P3p

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor