Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

setting for spikes graph on camera

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by teccer, Aug 16, 2016.

1. teccer

on my tablet screen is the historical ? graph, I cannot complain about my videos, they're perfect but I'm still trying to get the best auto photos, what do I need to look for and adjust with the right wheel on the spikes graph.

2. Waylander

Hello teccer

Do you mean "Histogram", ie the graphical tool used to assist the user with image capture
    check this link out
    Using histogram
    Regards
    Waylander

#2 Waylander, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  3. teccer

yes that's the name, thanks for sending the link I'll study it and hope to learn a lot more than I do at the moment

4. matti

I prefer to use both the histogram and the "Over exposure warning" i.e. the zebra stripes.

I aim the camera at the desired direction(s) and adjust the exposure so that important objects just lose their zebra stripes i.e. are not overexposed (usually I let some whitest clouds keep some of the stripes so the ground is not underexposed). I find this to be easier than looking at the histogram.

I wish I could do this in Litchi because often I use DJI GO just to set the exposure before switching to Litchi. I made a feature request about this but it was not top-priority for the developer.

5. teccer

thanks Matti I'll try that next time I'm out and see what the results are like

thanks for the info