Selling a Commercial Aerial Photo - Help!

Reaction score
My local city wants purchase a license for a aerial photo I took at night. I have my Part 107 & daytime waiver so I'm legal. They want unlimited use, be able to share it with any of their partners, without credit or watermarked. I come from a professional video background and I know selling prints & photograph licenses

What's a fair rate to license it for? I've heard anywhere from $350 to $2000. I didn't know if anyone had experience with this.

Thanks!

A stock photo on Getty Images averages around $500-600 for a commercial license. But a photo is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. It's a shame that the want you to give up credit, that is a good way to advertise.

If you are experienced in selling photos a d licenses, just charge as you would normally. What equipment you use to capture the image shouldn't have any bearing on price. If they get an unlimited license, you are in effect giving the photo away since they would be competing with you on any other uses. Figure what your potential earnings from the photo might be and charge them accordingly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan